Skip to main content

I just wanted to share my outing with my fellow Speedster owners. Yesterday I drove up Interstate 17 to Prescott and then came back home via 89 which is quite a scenic drive with lots of switchbacks and windy curves. It's still running well over a hundred degrees here in Phoenix but much cooler in Prescott. It stayed cool for much of the drive home but got pretty hot for the last 60 miles or so. I drove mostly around 70 mph, except for the mountain curves. I pushed it up to 90 briefly as I came down off the mountain and there was a long straight away. IMG_0827

I stopped at the Granite Mountain Hotshot memorial which was located along 89. Also, my car didn't go over 210 degrees and got 29.9 mpg. Before you ask, it's a little 1914 with ICTs. I'm pulling parts together for a nice big engine.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • IMG_0827
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Paul....We just returned from your area looking at property in Flagstaff, Prescott and Prescott Valley. We like Flagstaff a lot. Took 89 north on that curvy road and stopped at the Hotshot memorial as well. Didn't like Sedona much. Too many "flintstone houses" and not enough color deviation. We drove back thru Williams and thought that it would be a fun place to have a Speedster event there in the Spring or Fall.

Glad your up and running again...........Bruce

Paul....We'd have to sell our home here to get into Flagstaff but we'd keep the one in Loreto Baja Mexico. Like Michael B, we're getting tired of the housing and people density around here in SoCal. It's just not like it was back in the 60s and 70s ! We've been to Flagstaff in the Winter and Summer now and both are what we expected. The elevation is a little more than we would like though. Our next trip is up the coast all the way to Sequim Wash. and Greys Harbor to look around..........Bruce

Add Reply

Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.