What no ZOOM-ZOOM? Add to Lane's list -
7. Current electrical system won't support mass move to electric vehicles without a tremendous infrastructure investment (and more coal fired power plants).
8. Recycling of spent Lithium batteries isn't in place and will be costly.
"Once a battery reaches the end of its life, there is recycling and disposal to be considered. Currently, over 90% of lead-acid batteries used in typical gasoline-powered vehicles are recycled. Compare that to less than 5% of lithium-ion batteries. Experts project 11m tonnes of lithium-ion batteries will be discarded between 2017 and 2030 . These batteries will need to be transported to recycling facilities around the world to be processed, further contributing to their negative environmental impact. Transporting batteries from Australia to Europe resulted in an increase of global warming potential of ~45%."
9. Federal and states offer tax advantages for electric cars - which we all pay for.
10. Gasoline taxes pay for our roads and bridges - electrical vehicles use those roads for free.
11. EMS/Rescue services will require training and equipement to respond to EV crashes.
12. Cold deeply affects battery duration then there is use of heater and AC which further reduced miles covered.
13. Affluent people can afford EVs - most people can't afford them --- furthering the divide between rich and poor. Heck, Tesla owners have learned to expect free charging.