Not to mention that a lot of the Amalgam made up by dentists for use as fillings had/has Mercury as a big component: "Dental amalgam is a mixture of metals, consisting of liquid (elemental) mercury and a powdered alloy composed of silver, tin, and copper. Approximately half (50%) of dental amalgam is elemental mercury by weight."
Mercury is considered to be a "Heavy Metal". "There are 35 metals that are of concern for us because of residential or occupational exposure, out of which 23 are heavy metals: antimony, arsenic, bismuth, cadmium, cerium, chromium, cobalt, copper, gallium, gold, iron, lead, manganese, mercury, nickel, platinum, silver, tellurium, thallium, tin, uranium, vanadium, ..."
So we all carried on our lives, slowly getting Mercury into our systems..... Yes, I know that the FDA says the amount of Mercury in those fillings is trivial to our health, but how do we know for sure? They once thought Asbestos was safe, too.
My current dentist uses a mix of powdered ceramic and "non-toxic adhesive/binder" of some sort. I wonder what I'm gonna catch from that?