Skip to main content

Classified postings do not allow for discussion (replies are not allowed).  Direct message the member if you would like to discuss the item.
The Classified section is open to any individual (non-commercial firms) posting of items for sale. Members posting commercial advertisements must be enrolled in a Supporting Merchant program. 
Postings without relevant details (PRICE, location, condition, etc.) will be deleted.

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thanks, Greg. I had been tempted to respond in the same vein. I suffer from the madness, but also live the dream (since delivery March 7), and "nothing special" is just your everyday traffic-stopping, wave-demanding, definition of the word sports car,  especially outside the sunbelt. All the owner has to do is keep track of that list of 17 projects that are waiting to be taken care of.

@ALB posted:

A little overboard, don't ya think?

I get that a lot of folks like to make their replicas as authentic as possible, but that is illegal. In a state like mine, no problem. The DMV pretty much took my word for just about everything for my "1955" Beck Spyder replica.  But in a state like NY or CA with rigid vin inspection process you could run into issues with a faux Porsche VIN plate representing a 1974 construction.  Granted, the actual VIN archives are spotty before the 80's, but post 1968, the DOT/EPA regulations aren't. I would assume the owner added these post-registration as a special construction, but it seems like it might be an issue for the new owners.

I also can't believe the Porsche lawyers were all over them like white on rice for posting that pic online.

@americanworkmule I hope the time goes quickly for you. I knew I could never postpone gratification long enough to wait for a bespoke build so I bought a VS speedster lightly used. On the spyder, is heat a typical option? I can see it stretching the driving season even without a top and side curtains, but I could also understand not wanting heater boxes on such a "four-wheeled motorcycle."

@americanworkmule On the spyder, is heat a typical option? I can see it stretching the driving season even without a top and side curtains, but I could also understand not wanting heater boxes on such a "four-wheeled motorcycle."

the option of heat I'm sure is better left to the one of the veterans to answer. I've tried to research it but I know all the options.

I've gotten to the age of mild reason, so I'm trading my death wish motorcycle to get a four-wheel death trap motorcycle.

the option of heat I'm sure is better left to the one of the veterans to answer. I've tried to research it but I know all the options.

I've gotten to the age of mild reason, so I'm trading my death wish motorcycle to get a four-wheel death trap motorcycle.

At 68, I’m still riding motorcycles. I never considered heat beyond adding a BMW accessory plug for my heated gear. Never have. As yet I’ve never driven my Spyder on a day so cold a warm coat, hat, and gloves were all I needed.

Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.