Skip to main content

i just purchased a BECK spyder, and to my surprise the registration says "Porsche 1953" why does a Replica spyder have a title that says 1953 Porsche, and not "Special construction" like most other cars? is there something that i missed? And how or who got this Replica spyder registered as a 1953? When this car was probably built in the early 90s.
Can any one shed some light on this mystery of mine, or am i just stupid and all Replica spyders are this way?
Thanks, Harold
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

i just purchased a BECK spyder, and to my surprise the registration says "Porsche 1953" why does a Replica spyder have a title that says 1953 Porsche, and not "Special construction" like most other cars? is there something that i missed? And how or who got this Replica spyder registered as a 1953? When this car was probably built in the early 90s.
Can any one shed some light on this mystery of mine, or am i just stupid and all Replica spyders are this way?
Thanks, Harold
Mine is registered as a 1955 Porsche Spyder Replica, but only says 1955 Porsche Spyder on the registration (evidently Replica was too many letters...).

Registered in Oregon. A fair amount of registration knowledge falls on the first registrant. The Oregon DMV initially tried to title my vehicle as a Rebuilt. In order to be "Rebuilt" it had to be a car to begin with. They also attempted to register it as Salvage etc. With no existing vehicle prior to my MSO, there is no possibility of either Salvage or Rebuilt titles. Took some arguing on my behalf and a discussion with several suspervisors, but in the end, the car was properly registered as a Replica.

Registration varies sharply from state to state.
angela
Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.