Skip to main content

I am planning to build a spyder and need to find: 1. a competent local or not builder and 2. a list of stuff needed to build a ?120hp engine. It would be nice if it were reliable and not too hard on the budget. Electronic ignition and fuel injection would be nice if I don't have to be the guinea pig.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I am planning to build a spyder and need to find: 1. a competent local or not builder and 2. a list of stuff needed to build a ?120hp engine. It would be nice if it were reliable and not too hard on the budget. Electronic ignition and fuel injection would be nice if I don't have to be the guinea pig.
Tim.... A Pat Downs (C.B. Perf.) 1915 with single spring heads gives a very reliable 120HP and 125 lbs torque, if equiped with Weber 44 IDF's.

Fuel injection can add 50 to 60 percent to the cost, but their new (?) sustem appears to be great...

I run mine cross country any time using the stock dog house cooler only... With the carbs dialed in, on flat ground, and easing accelerator, I've attained 32+ mpg....

Hope this helps....

Leon C.
Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.