Skip to main content

Classified postings do not allow for discussion (replies are not allowed).  Direct message the member if you would like to discuss the item.
The Classified section is open to any individual (non-commercial firms) posting of items for sale. Members posting commercial advertisements must be enrolled in a Supporting Merchant program. 
Postings without relevant details (PRICE, location, condition, etc.) will be deleted.

This is a restored 1956 Porsche 356A Speedster. This US delivery car has been completely restored to the highest level. Car was stripped down and repainted in its original color Speedster White (3051). All Chrome has been redone, full new correct interior, new soft top, all new rubber seals. This car 1600 normal motor has been completely rebuilt, transmission is rebuilt, all new brakes, front end refurbished. This is an opportunity to own a fully restored classic speedster. Feel free to contact me at hanmotors167@gmail.com Thank you.

Attachments

Images (3)
  • 1956 Porsche 356A Speedster
Last edited by Former Member
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I joined here just to warn you all. The white 356A Speedster 1956 with VIN # 82168 Engine # 63378 that is for sale in Balikpapan- Kalimantan-Timur Indonesia is not existing, belief me! How do I know? Well I made a deposite on that car and learned the hard way: the money is gone. By the way there are more fake 356A Speedsters for sale there but don't think that you can trust that porsche-people there. I'm sorry to say but that indonesians don't give a f*ck, they just take your money and vanish. Please find a car in the USA or on the main land in Europe. Good luck with the hunt ;-)

@Former Member posted:

This is a restored 1956 Porsche 356A Speedster. This US delivery car has been completely restored to the highest level. Car was stripped down and repainted in its original color Speedster White (3051). All Chrome has been redone, full new correct interior, new soft top, all new rubber seals. This car 1600 normal motor has been completely rebuilt, transmission is rebuilt, all new brakes, front end refurbished. This is an opportunity to own a fully restored classic speedster. Feel free to contact me at hanmotors167@gmail.com Thank you.

Are you open to a trade? I'd be willing to swap this bridge for your Speedster "even-steven." This is the Imes Bridge built in 1870 that was completely restored to the highest level in 1997. Why don't you drive on down the 70 miles from where you are - per your listed postal code that's Story County, Iowa...right? - and meet me at the bridge in St. Charles, Iowa. I'll bring the Deed and you bring the Title, so we can take care of everything right then and there. How 'bout it? This is your opportunity to own one of the oldest remaining covered bridges. Feel free to contact me at dealmaker@dumphuc.com. 1870 Imes Bridge

Attachments

Images (1)
  • 1870 Imes Bridge
@Napa Paul posted:

Are you open to a trade? I'd be willing to swap this bridge for your Speedster "even-steven." This is the Imes Bridge built in 1870 that was completely restored to the highest level in 1997. Why don't you drive on down the 70 miles from where you are - per your listed postal code that's Story County, Iowa...right? - and meet me at the bridge in St. Charles, Iowa. I'll bring the Deed and you bring the Title, so we can take care of everything right then and there. How 'bout it? This is your opportunity to own one of the oldest remaining covered bridges. Feel free to contact me at dealmaker@dumphuc.com. 1870 Imes Bridge

Paul, this listing is four years old and the guy that resurrected it got scammed. Or so he says.

@Napa Paul : that was too funny!  I thought he may be open to trade for ocean front property in Arizona if he didn’t want “your bridge”.  I like the e-mail domain you listed as well for that personal touch!

I had a similar experience with a classic vehicle last year.  There was all manner of excuses and deal making but as soon as I said I was less than half an hour away from where the respective vehicle was advertised to be ALL communication stopped!

On an aside: In my quest for my mid-50’s truck last year I had no less than four different sellers claim their vehicle was in a shipping container because a deal fell through.  They all claimed they couldn’t meet with me to show their vehicle as they all seemed to be working overseas for a US company and had to do everything on line.

I was born at night...but not LAST night!

@Napa Paul posted:

Deliver? No Problemo, mi amigo! It was moved 15 miles in 1977 from Henley, Iowa to St. Charles, Iowa where it underwent its $31,807 renovation. What do you have in  mind?

Send me the amount that delivery will cost and I'll give you an extra $3000 once it's here .... trust me.....I'm a Nigerian Prince

Also, I have $3M in a private account that I want to transfer to you and you can keep $1M of it. Just send me $900 to show me you're serious.

I can't believe no one has asked if you offer bridge financing

Last edited by WNGD
@Sacto Mitch posted:

Paul, if you can't make a deal with @WNGD , I think I'd be interested in your bridge. I've been looking for one in that color for a while.

Like you say, moving it shouldn't be much of a problem compared with the real issue of whether I can get it registered in California.

Is it built on a pan?

Wow! Where's the woodwork all you buyers are crawling out from? You'll have no problems in CA because a Bridge has no registration, it's not Real Property, it's not a wheeled vehicle, and it's not an aquatic vessel. Therefore, no Dept. of Real Estate, no Board of Equalization, and no DMV. You want a "pan"? If that seals the deal, you'll get it on a pan. Gawr-an-teed!

@WNGD posted:

Send me the amount that delivery will cost and I'll give you an extra $3000 once it's here .... trust me.....I'm a Nigerian Prince

Also, I have $3M in a private account that I want to transfer to you and you can keep $1M of it. Just send me $900 to show me you're serious.

I can't believe no one has asked if you offer bridge financing

If you really want this Bridge, Your Highness, you'd better act fast. I'm getting other "foreigners" (eg., Californians) showing a lot of interest. I'll need your deposit upfront to take it off the market, and I'll sell it to you for the $1M less the $900 "serious fee."

Let's see, at the current conversion rate (USDollar 1.00 = Nigerian Niaras 396.19) that comes to NGN 395,831,374.60. Why don't you just make that NGN 395,831,374 even?

I'll have my bank make all of the transfer arrangements because I know Your Highness is still recovering from your motorcycle accident. Please say hello for me to your father, President Muhammadu. I met him and Governor Emefiele of the Central Bank of Nigeria in 2014, right before I retired from the U.S. Government. It was at the ceremony of the Governor taking office. I'm sure he'll be happy to work with my bank regarding our transaction.

Cory, it seems to be a lot easier getting an imported bridge registered in Arizona than here. You just need to convince the locals it will help the economy.

Do you have any lakefront property to put it on?

I like the Roman viaduct idea - something with some provenance would class things up a little. Just make sure you buy the right viaduct. Sometimes, the names are confusing.

Last edited by Sacto Mitch
@Sacto Mitch posted:

Cory, it seems to be a lot easier getting an imported bridge registered in Arizona than here. You just need to convince the locals it will help the economy.

I like the Roman viaduct idea - something with some provenance would class things up a little. Just make sure you buy the right viaduct. Sometimes, the names are confusing.

You should know this Imes Bridge really was relocated in 1997 to St. Charles, Iowa for its renovation. The photo shows it as it is today on private property...over a dry ravine.

@Sacto Mitch posted:

Regarding registering a bridge/viaduct in Kalifornia, there would be several easy steps to complete before it would be possible:

• Engineering drawings (both original and current) would need to be submitted for approval.
  • An environmental impact study would need to be done to ensure that the bridge site would be acceptable to all wildlife.
  • The site would need to be inspected and cleared for construction by any Native American population who may have formerly inhabited, passed through, or seen from a distance the construction zone. Once satisfied that the site is not sacred, a Shaman must ceremoniously cleanse the area (in a radius of 15 miles) of all evil spirits or the restless souls of Native Ghosts who may be using the site in another dimension.
  • A plan must be submitted and approved detailing what provisions will be made for the security and sanitary needs of the homeless population which will live under the bridge once completed. A security officer must be provided for said purposes as well as portable toilets in perpetuity. A trust fund  to provide these services in perpetuity must be funded and administered. A bond must be provided to ensure this provision.
  • A plan to make the project carbon-neutral would need to be submitted to the CARB. Approval will be withheld until Greta Thunberg signs off on the project.
  • Permits from the nearest city, the county, the state, and the nearest tribal government must be applied for and obtained. Each permit must be accompanied with a bond and personal guarantee that holds the builder (and builder's heirs) liable continuously and in perpetuity.
  • A Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin would need to be provided for the original bridge or viaduct. An original would need to be obtained, a copy would not be sufficient unless it was signed by 12 eyewitnesses to the original build. Each signature would need to be notarized. A surety bond would need to be obtained.
  • Taxes must be paid. Lots and lots of taxes.
  • The bridge materials would be subject to finite analysis testing. Each timber or stone would have an x-ray proving it's material property and suitability for use. It must be proven that the project is "sustainable", and that a replacement tree has been planted, watered, and cared for to maturity for every board used. Stones would need the equivalent weight moon rocks brought back to replace those ripped from their resting place.
  • Construction shall be completed with union labor.
  • Adequate safety gear will be used at all times and in all phases of construction. This includes, but is not limited to:
    • Hardhats (bump-caps not acceptable)
    • Harnesses, which shall be worn at all times
    • Inflatable flotation devices
    • flame retardant outerwear and undergarments
    • Kevlar vests
    • Steel-toed, bridge-protected leather boots with slip-resistant soles
    • Welding gloves, sleeves, and chaps, which cannot be removed at any time for any reason.
    • All hand-tools shall be shock-resistant. Any nicks in rubberized handles will render the tool unfit for use.
    • All power-tools shall be operated with all guards and safeties in place, and with a second "safety watch" worker standing by in case of emergency.
  • At the completion of the project, the resultant structure will be inspected for overall aesthetic appeal by a historic preservation council. If the bridge/viaduct is deemed to be "suitable for the environment", approval will move to the general legislature, and finally to the governor's desk for approval.
Last edited by Stan Galat
@Stan Galat posted:

Regarding registering a bridge/viaduct in Kalifornia, there would be several easy steps to complete before it would be possible:

• Engineering drawings (both original and current) would need to be submitted for approval.
  • An environmental impact study would need to be done to ensure that the bridge site would be acceptable to all wildlife.
  • The site would need to be inspected and cleared for construction by any Native American population who may have formerly inhabited, passed through, or seen from a distance the construction zone. Once satisfied that the site is not sacred, a Shaman must ceremoniously cleanse the area (in a radius of 15 miles) of all evil spirits or the restless souls of Native Ghosts who may be using the site in another dimension.
  • A plan must be submitted and approved detailing what provisions will be made for the security and sanitary needs of the homeless population which will live under the bridge once completed. A security officer must be provided for said purposes as well as portable toilets in perpetuity. A trust fund  to provide these services in perpetuity must be funded and administered. A bond must be provided to ensure this provision.
  • A plan to make the project carbon-neutral would need to be submitted to the CARB. Approval will be withheld until Greta Thunberg signs off on the project.
  • Permits from the nearest city, the county, the state, and the nearest tribal government must be applied for and obtained. Each permit must be accompanied with a bond and personal guarantee that holds the builder (and builder's heirs) liable continuously and in perpetuity.
  • A Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin would need to be provided for the original bridge or viaduct. An original would need to be obtained, a copy would not be sufficient unless it was signed by 12 eyewitnesses to the original build. Each signature would need to be notarized. A surety bond would need to be obtained.
  • Taxes must be paid. Lots and lots of taxes.
  • The bridge materials would be subject to finite analysis testing. Each timber or stone would have an x-ray proving it's material property and suitability for use. It must be proven that the project is "sustainable", and that a replacement tree has been planted, watered, and cared for to maturity for every board used. Stones would need the equivalent weight moon rocks brought back to replace those ripped from their resting place.
  • Construction shall be completed with union labor.
  • Adequate safety gear will be used at all times and in all phases of construction. This includes, but is not limited to:
    • Hardhats (bump-caps not acceptable)
    • Harnesses, which shall be worn at all times
    • Inflatable flotation devices
    • flame retardant outerwear and undergarments
    • Kevlar vests
    • Steel-toed, bridge-protected leather boots with slip-resistant on soles
    • Welding gloves, sleeves, and chaps, which cannot be removed at any time for any reason.
    • All hand-tools shall be shock-resistant. Any nicks in rubberized handles will render the tool unfit for use.
    • All power-tools shall be operated with all guards and safeties in place, and with a second "safety watch" worker standing by in case of emergency.
  • At the completion of the project, the resultant structure will be inspected for overall aesthetic appeal by a historic preservation council. If the bridge/viaduct is deemed to be "suitable for the environment", approval will move to the general legislature, and finally to the governor's desk for approval.

I seriously did not know you had previously done business in Kommiefornia.

... in Illinois, however, the process is more streamlined.

• Before the project can even be submitted for approval as a concept, bribes must be paid to the county commissioners, the building inspections department, the labor unions, city councilmen, state representatives, state senators, and the Lord Governor (may he be eternally praised!) himself.
  • No project shall be proposed without a government grant playing a crucial role in the project. No grant will be approved unless the recipient is a blood relative of whoever is granting approval.
  • Only the highest bid will be accepted, and only if the successful bidding contractor is related to whomever is approving bids.
  • Drawings will be submitted and ignored until a bribe is paid. Speed of approval will depend solely on the size and substance of the bribe. Hookers and blow may be grease the wheels of progress.
  • Financing will be withheld until bribes are paid.
  • Once permits are issued (with the attendant bribes paid), the project can begin.
  • Deconstruction of the bridge/viaduct (to be moved) must be performed with undocumented workers. A bribe must be paid to each union local who's members are not performing the work.
  • Transportation of the bridge/viaduct materials shall be completed with teamster labor. Breaks will be taken every 15 minutes or 15 miles, whichever comes first.
  • Cones must be placed in the roadway where the materials will travel from the original site to the building site. These cones shall be left in place until the plastic decomposes, or the sun burns itself out-- whichever comes first.
  • Once the material arrives onsite, it must (by law) be stolen.
  • Replacement material must be obtained from the building inspector's brother's lumberyard. This lumberyard must (by law) be located in another time-zone. Teamsters shall transport the material from the lumberyard to the jobsite in the manner described above.
  • COVID testing will be done on all building materials. If a board or nail is found to have tested positive for COVID, all area restaurants will be shut down for a period not less than 6 months. Exceptions will be made for those with sufficient standing in the party.
  • For construction to actually begin, a campaign contribution must be made to the Illinois Democratic Party. Once the district where the project is to occur is sufficiently represented with the appropriate approved candidate (in both the legislature and senate), construction can commence.
  • A picket must be formed and manned continuously at the construction gate. Burn barrels and Irish coffee are required. This is an imperative-- every project within the borders of Illinois must have one.
  • A bribe must be paid for the strike to end. Work will commence once spring comes.
  • The project must (by law) go at least 100% over budget. Liens must be executed. Repossession must occur.
  • The project, once repossessed, must be resold to a blood relative of whoever repossessed it. It is imperative that the government grant not be recovered, but that all banks, unions, and trust funds are made whole.
  • Taxes must be paid. Lots and lots of taxes. A special "bridge district" shall have the power of levy for the entire state.
  • Once the bridge/viaduct is open, there will be a toll for use. This toll shall not be less than the prevailing union wage for one hour's work. There shall be a "use tax" in addition to the toll.
  • Police shall man the toll booths and patrol the span, ready (at a moment's notice) to fine anyone caught using or enjoying it.
  • A gasoline tax shall be levied for the bridge/viaduct, but shall be diverted to funding state pensions.
  • The bridge shall not be maintained, and must be either reconstructed or condemned within 5 years of erection.
  • Fingers must be pointed. Speeches must be made. Taxes must be levied.
  • The entire process must be repeated at the end of the bridge/viaduct's useful life.
Last edited by Stan Galat

Nailed it. I swear to god @Stan Galat is or has been a reporter at some point.

In Maryland I would combine several from column CA with most from column IL and add

*28 percent of all contracted work must be allotted to a Certified W/MBE operated by a relative or side piece of a Relevant Political Operative. This work will, likewise, be actually done by undocumented immigrants working for $9.25 per hour but the Prevailing Wage ($43.80) plus copious overtime wages will be paid to the W/MBE company operator who will kick back an amount that is suitable to the Relevant Political Operative

*There will be no fewer than 11 "Change Orders" to the project and scope of work. These will (by law) cause the Cost Overrun to exceed 100 percent.

Add Reply

Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.