Skip to main content

Classified postings do not allow for discussion (replies are not allowed).  Direct message the member if you would like to discuss the item.
The Classified section is open to any individual (non-commercial firms) posting of items for sale. Members posting commercial advertisements must be enrolled in a Supporting Merchant program. 
Postings without relevant details (PRICE, location, condition, etc.) will be deleted.

Short version of a long story is wife is pregnant with our 4th kiddo so the project has to go. I've put a lot of blood and sweat into this thing and I'm sure someone will pick up where I left off. The car has a lot of custom mods to it, I'm sure the speedster purists might not love, but I think they are pretty cool. Here is the general rundown:

1956 Flared Porsche Speedster Replica

General description:
- Full body, hood, doors, and trunk lid.
- Full square tube sub-frame integrated in body
- Pristine frame, powder coated gloss black with sound deadener installed (all suspension parts also powder coated gloss black).
- Full rolling chassis

Custom additions:
- 4 wheel disc brakes with Chevy bolt pattern and e-brake
- Chrome suspension parts
- Third brake light molded into rear deck
- Side Carrera style air ducts molded into side
- Flush rear brake lights/turn signals (rod style) molded into back skirt (can be changed to another style)
- Custom inset license plate holder

Included parts (too many to list):
- Standard Speedster headlights
- Flush mount amber turn signal by Hagan Rods for front (not yet installed)
- Extra set of floor pans
- Adjustable ball joint front end with 2
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Short version of a long story is wife is pregnant with our 4th kiddo so the project has to go. I've put a lot of blood and sweat into this thing and I'm sure someone will pick up where I left off. The car has a lot of custom mods to it, I'm sure the speedster purists might not love, but I think they are pretty cool. Here is the general rundown:

1956 Flared Porsche Speedster Replica

General description:
- Full body, hood, doors, and trunk lid.
- Full square tube sub-frame integrated in body
- Pristine frame, powder coated gloss black with sound deadener installed (all suspension parts also powder coated gloss black).
- Full rolling chassis

Custom additions:
- 4 wheel disc brakes with Chevy bolt pattern and e-brake
- Chrome suspension parts
- Third brake light molded into rear deck
- Side Carrera style air ducts molded into side
- Flush rear brake lights/turn signals (rod style) molded into back skirt (can be changed to another style)
- Custom inset license plate holder

Included parts (too many to list):
- Standard Speedster headlights
- Flush mount amber turn signal by Hagan Rods for front (not yet installed)
- Extra set of floor pans
- Adjustable ball joint front end with 2
Hmmm. Who saw THAT coming?

Eric, I'm glad you have your priorities in order, but that's gotta sting a little. Those mods aren't for the feint of heart to even think about making. Good-looking car, well-executed design, and lots of stuff I see there I'd like to do to my own car.
That's fantastic work.
Merklin is just the right guy to finish that car up.
Check out member Syl Mathis' car. Brilliant.

Good luck with the sale, but I'm betting you can pen that one in the SOLD column already. Gotta get up awful early to slip one past Alan.
Thanks for the kind words guys. I have to say, not an easy decision as I spent countless hours working on this thing. However, I need the room (and time is quickly becoming a commodity...too many irons in the fire). Cory, I watched your build and all the crazy stuff you did inspired me as well. Everyone here has been so helpful through the years, I'll def be back when time and room permit :) I priced the car where it hopefully moves quickly!!
Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.