1957 Speedster Replica for sale. $29,500.00 OBO
67 VW beetle chassis.
California registration through good through November 2020
CMC body. Kit was originally finished / made road worthy by Vintage Speedsters in 1999/2000. I purchased in 2014 where it went back to Vintage for some final tweaks.
Vintage Speedster Interior
- Generic Vintage Speedster interior / comfort seats
- New ball joints, spring packs, steering dampener, beam shims
- New CSP discs
- New AC Industries discs
- New AC Industries dual zone Master Cyl (on car)
- New CSP big bore Master Cyl (needs to be installed)
- Carter Electric fuel pump
- Brand new Rancho adjustable rear spring plates
- 'RideTech' shocks custom valves & sized for the speedster weight and height.
- Optimia Red Top battery.
- PILES and PILES of receipts (don’t show my wife…)
- Completely new mechanical gear from bumper to bumper.
- Paint is older and showing it's age.
- Gel coat has usual cracks and spiderwebs.
- Gene Berg 5-speed. Built by Gary Berg. Tons of build photos
- About 500 miles on it
- Nearly all new parts.
- Dual heavy-duty side plates.
- Beef-a-diff (4 spider gears),
- 88 R/P - 3.80, 2.06, 1.48, 1.17, .089 for gears. Heavy duty 3rd and 4th.
- Very solid transmission. No expense spared.
- CB Performance 2054. Strong runner.
- Top end / 3 angle valve job 3250 miles ago.
- Dual 44IDF Webers w/ Jet Doctors and Velocity stacks.
- SyncLink carb linkage.
- High amp alternator.
- Heavy Duty oil pump.
- Full flow case
- Spin on remote oil filter.
- Vintage Speed Air Cleaners and Oil FIller.
- Clydes Buggies breather box.
- Setrab remote oil cooler & Fan with a 180 degree thermostat switch.
- New MagnasparkII distributor, coil and CB Performance fat wires. (two of these!)
- “Save my bug” dipstick / dash light integration to keep an eye on oil temps
- Stainless A1 Sidewinder. The header/extractor is scraped up on the bottom trailing edge from my driveway.
- Slimline Sump plate (1.5qt) CB Performance
- JayCee Mag X sump plate with magnetic drain plug
Interior / other
- VDM Replica steering wheel by Mike Lemptert
- Vintage Speed 5 speed classic shifter.
- Original 356 Umbrella handbrake bell crank (under dash).
- Original 356 gauges rebuild by Helmut in Palo Alto. The fuel gauge needs a new sending unit OR Helmut needs to swap out the little gauge part.
- Bosch 356 reproduction ignition switch and bezel.
- Vintage Speedster interior.
- 2 extra "Speedster style" seats
- Original CMC top. There is a tear on one of the sides by the front most snap. Serviceable but old.
- Excellent side curtains
- The carpet is old yet serviceable. I had planned to replace it.
- Coco Mats
- Reshaped pedals to accept 356 size/shape pedals.
- Full 1/2 zip tonneau cover in black.
- All mirrors & badges & Hood handle are from Sierra Madre
- H4 Headlights
- Vintage Hella fluted lenses.
- Horns are from a 1967 Cadillac. 4 horns. LOUD & awesome sound
- Vintage Speedster side / belt trim. I have the correct Sierra Madre trim to place on the car. Need to order the 1.5" door pieces from Intermeccanica.
- All new rubber for the bumpers and side deco included.
- Full front trunk carpet from Vintage.
- 1967 YOM Black Plates
- Drop Spindles on the car / Standard spindles included.
- Adjustable front beam
- Comes with custom tow bar and lights
- Many extra parts
Wheels and Tires
- IMMACULATE TechnoMagnesio wheels. I paid $3200.00 for the four wheels
- Pirelli tires.
- Also included - 5 chrome mangles with chrome moon hubcaps
- Black “race studs’ wheel lugs and wheel studs.
I need to shoot some better photos when the car is clean. I will upload some photos of the interior once I find time. *Sorry Troy about the last photo!!!* I'll update with better photos soon