Skip to main content

Classified postings do not allow for discussion (replies are not allowed).  Direct message the member if you would like to discuss the item.
The Classified section is open to any individual (non-commercial firms) posting of items for sale. Members posting commercial advertisements must be enrolled in a Supporting Merchant program. 
Postings without relevant details (PRICE, location, condition, etc.) will be deleted.

Offering a very nice black on gray Vintage Speedster with just 9,337 miles. Located in Chambersburg, PA.
1776 motor with air conditioning installed by VS.
Recent upgrades to include: StayFast top, luggage rack, horn grils, new tires, rear axle seals, valve adjustment and oil service.
Since I have completed the above, I've driven this speedster about 40 miles and am totaly pleased with the performance and handling and has earning my A-OK for what that's worth.
A reasonable $17k does the deal. Full details are in the eBay ad. ~Alan

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250669402578
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Offering a very nice black on gray Vintage Speedster with just 9,337 miles. Located in Chambersburg, PA.
1776 motor with air conditioning installed by VS.
Recent upgrades to include: StayFast top, luggage rack, horn grils, new tires, rear axle seals, valve adjustment and oil service.
Since I have completed the above, I've driven this speedster about 40 miles and am totaly pleased with the performance and handling and has earning my A-OK for what that's worth.
A reasonable $17k does the deal. Full details are in the eBay ad. ~Alan

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250669402578
Alan,

Another beautifully, detailed build!

I was wondering . . . the passenger side door panel was just a little bit warped where the screw attaches just rearward of the handle, the driver's side panel was MUCH more so. I see this quite a bit on Vintage Speedsters and was wondering what your thoughts were and experience was on this.

I ask only because, I really love the simple, clean, elegant look of the Vintage interior pieces and I want to get a pair of door panels from them to match my seats. I hesitate only because of the warping that I often see.

Do you know why this occurs so often? Dampness or actual rain coming in contact? Less than perfect fit and finish? Backing material prone to warping? Do you think that it might help if I were to brush on a coat or two of fiberglass resin on the back side? Any ideas?

Again, no reflection on the car, just a "problem" that I see often enough in Vintage Speedsters that I was wondering about your thoughts before buying a set for my car.

Thanks ! !

T
She's "going home"

Mike, Tom, Under the vinyl I would add a plastic push fastener that has teeth on the shaft at that point. Seems that some of the door panels that may have gotten wet then over time warp a bit, protruding outward from the door. The screw was added there asa quick fix with a small backing plate across the fiberglass dorr cut out which acts as an anchor point and the chrome dress screw draws the panel down. ~Alan
Thanks for the tip, should I end up with a warped set, and the explanation should I end up luckily enough to be shipped a perfect set and want to keep them from warping in the future.

I'll have to mention to Vintage when ordering, to please check to be sure that the pair that they send aren't warped.

T
Epilog:
First German winning bidder bs'd via eight plus emails for two weeks and never sent the funds. Runner up bidder also from Germany, called me the day the auction ended to say that if the deal tanked he would buy the speedster.
I called him yesterday,the funds were wired and it's "in my pockets today".... Always nice to deal with principal individules. ~Alan
Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.