Skip to main content

Classified postings do not allow for discussion (replies are not allowed).  Direct message the member if you would like to discuss the item.
The Classified section is open to any individual (non-commercial firms) posting of items for sale. Members posting commercial advertisements must be enrolled in a Supporting Merchant program. 
Postings without relevant details (PRICE, location, condition, etc.) will be deleted.

1958 INTERMECCANICA IM6 SPEEDSTER: Intermeccanica ARGUABLY makes the FINEST SPEEDSTER replica on the planet and this IM6 might be the most optioned/highly engineered....essentially a SPEEDSTER with a full 911 drivetrain, a 2.7RS FLAT SIX(built by SUPERTEC/200 plus HP) mated to a 915 5 SPEED transaxle(built by SUPERTEC/WEVO) coupled with FULL 911 FRONT/REAR SUSPENSION and 911 DISC BRAKES(4). TRANSAXLE: Porsche 915 5 speed with 7:31:1 final drive, LOBRO “clearanced” 930 CV joints, high performance shafts with wide angled CV boots. BRAKES: BREMBO 911 sport rotors with CARRERA steel calipers(powder coat) . Dual circuit master cylinder with remote tank.

THE IM Speedster body is glassed to a steel perimeter TUBE CHASSIS...The IM6 frame is considerably more RIGID and an UPGRADE over the 4 cylinder models as the FRONT SUBFRAME is TWICE as long, in addition, it has a rear 3x2 SUBFRAME found ONLY on 6 cylinder models to facilitate the complete 911 FRONT/REAR suspension AND STEERING ( BILTSTEIN shocks and struts). Sway bars are all powder coated as are brake calipers.

This ICONIC 50'S Speedster is essentially a 911 TORQUE MONSTER in a luxuriously appointed 2300 pound car, sitting just a few inches off of the GROUND. The HANDLING and PERFORMANCE is truly EYE OPENING and a habit not easily broken. Recent upgrades are NEW PMO Triple throat CARBS and thermostatically controlled TWIN OIL COOLERS with FANS, fully rebuilt HERSHON DISTRIBUTOR, and SHEEPSKIN seat covers.

SUSPENSION is fully rebuilt 911: FRONT SUSPENSION and STEERING-Porsche 911 Carrera, Bilstine “GREEN” struts, Turbo tie rods, IM custom steering column for ORIGINAL Speedster steering wheel, Porsche OEM anti sway bars. REAR SUSPENSIONPorsche 911 Carrera-Bilstine “GREEN” shocks, 26mm Sway-A-Way Torsion bars, low compliance urethane bushings, Porsche OEM anti sway bars. VENTILATED 4 wheel disc brakes(CROSS DRILLED BREMBO ROTORS) with DUAL CIRCUIT master cylinder and STAINLESS STEEL brake hoses. MSD ignition, SSI heat exchangers and M&K STAINLESS STEEL EXHAUST. A 21 gallon racing FUEL CELL is fitted and accessed through a fully appointed/carpeted trunk.

This MINT BLACK Speedster is fitted with BORDEAUX RUST Leather interior with LEATHER bucket seats modified with both increased width and lumbar support for the LARGE driver. Black HAPPICH GERMAN cloth top(frame modified to allow LARGE/TALL driver) fitted along with BLACK square weave carpeting. Power door locks with REMOTE keyless entry along with POWER WINDOWS(switches under dash to left steering column) keep things dry and QUIET. ORIGINAL STYLE FRONT and REAR OVER RIDERS(circa 1958)....some consider "towel bars", are a fine touch along with CARRERA louvered rear deck lid. SHEEPSKIN SEAT covers fitted to reduce LEATHER BURN on one's TUSH when sunny day warms leather!

WHEELS(4) are fully reconditioned AL REED FUCHS with HEARTS: 15x6 FRONT and 15x7 REAR and tires YOKOHAMA S DRIVE 195/55R 15 in front and 205/55R 15 REAR and are in EXCELLENT condition….NO spare.

FULL LED lighting for instrument set: 160 MPH electronic speedo, 8000 RPM TACH(RED LINE in SYNCH with 2.7RS engine) along with OIL PRESSURE, OIL TEMPERATURE, FUEL and WARNING LIGHTS. SCHROTH QUICKFIT harness fitted as SEAT BELTS with inertia reels. A PORSCHE BECKER CDR210 RADIO/CD player(RECESSED under dash) with 250 WATT amp(in trunk) fitted with FOCAL INTEGRATION ISS speakers, AND loud enough to /listen/hear over the throaty roar of this machine. POWER port under dash to RIGHT of radio and BATTERY CUT OFF switch hidden behind passenger bucket seat.

This BUILD was $101,000 in 2008 and insured by GRUNDY for 2017 BUILD SHEET @ $128,000 AGREED VALUE. CAR presently showing UNDER 7800 careful miles and garaged in OAHU(96712). I am SECOND owner selling because of numerous MOHS surgeries to face and nose as per SKIN CANCER....started with BUGEYE SPRITE in 1967 and retiring from RAGTOP some 53 years later. This is a RARE opportunity to buy a car at 60% REPLACEMENT COST. Under 1200 miles by present owner(6700 miles ODOM April 2017).

RECENT FULL COMPLETE service and TUNEUP/NEW BATTERY($2000). Every BUILD SHEET from INTERMECCANICA/SUPERTEC along with all service invoices from DAY 1 available. 
$78,000 USA/ OBOffer! LISTED EBAY/RENN/other sites.
BE KIND...please
VIDEO as per original owner: 

INSPECTIONS WELCOME by SERIOUS FOLKS ONLY(thank you)IM FTIM SDIM FRNTV1 1aV2 1V3 1V7 1DASH IM6IM5 1IM6 1IM7 1adIM8 1adIM9 1adIM10 1adIM11 1IM12 1IM INT1IM INT2IM INT4IM6 BEACH1 newWASHED IM61 bathPORSCHE POWER WINDOWSPOESCHE TOOLSAL CAPACITY.

Attachments

Images (23)
  • IM FT
  • IM SD
  • IM FRNT
  • V1 1a
  • V2 1
  • V3 1
  • V7 1
  • DASH IM6
  • IM5 1
  • IM6 1
  • IM7 1ad
  • IM8 1ad
  • IM9 1ad
  • IM10 1ad
  • IM11 1
  • IM12 1
  • IM INT1
  • IM INT2
  • IM INT4
  • IM6 BEACH1 new
  • WASHED IM61 bath
  • PORSCHE POWER WINDOWS
  • POESCHE TOOLS
Files (1)
Last edited by Banzai Pipeline
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Bob: IM S6 posted:

Sorry to see you sell that car.  But, your health is more important.  I too started with a Bugeye, at age 16 for me.

Best of luck with the sale and your health.  

Beautiful car, from one IM6 owner to another...  I remember when you bought that.  And they ain't making any more of them.

It KILLS me to sell it...but I cannot justify keeping it despite the fact that I LOVE owning it AND Henry NOT making anymore. There are only a handful around and certainly YOURS is a very special car. Mine is a bit more "bohemian" and probably a bit more temperamental lacking fuel injection, etc. One of these days, someone will step up and grab this awesome machine.....good lookin car and the ladies are drawn to it..much to the dismay of my wife. Beats spending twice as much on a STARKE McBOXSTER

Mike373 posted:

Sell that one and get a coupe..  In all honestly, you healed up very nicely.  I'm going to have the same issues in the next few years.  Lot's of sun in my time so far.

NO COUPE.....they are nice cars indeed, but for me, a 356 has an open roof with "AIR IN MY HAIR"....

Hoping to stick around for more years, but my 53 years with open motoring are over and a MINI VAN is fine. Driving around a South Pacific Island with 300 PLUS days of sunshine a year with ocean, palm trees, and bikinis, in a 356 COUPE, is just plain RIDICULOUS(LOL).

Banzai Pipeline posted:
mppickett posted:

Great car. I'm glad you had a chance to enjoy it and hope you get an easy, clean sale. I've been driving a Nissan LEAF over here on Maui for the last six years. There's plenty of things to enjoy on our islands in addition to top-down driving!

Mike

I've lived here for over 25 years....very familiar with the Islands

So sorry to see this!

I'm on Kauai and was born and raised on Oahu (surfed most of my life) and decided that I had enough sun exposure so I bought a project 996 (awesome car) and have put the speedster to pasture.

Your IM is awesome and should be listed on BAT if you are serious about getting it sold.

Good luck with your health and sale!

Last edited by Bill Prout
Bill Prout posted:
Banzai Pipeline posted:
mppickett posted:

Great car. I'm glad you had a chance to enjoy it and hope you get an easy, clean sale. I've been driving a Nissan LEAF over here on Maui for the last six years. There's plenty of things to enjoy on our islands in addition to top-down driving!

Mike

I've lived here for over 25 years....very familiar with the Islands

So sorry to see this!

I'm on Kauai and was born and raised on Oahu (surfed most of my life) and decided that I had enough sun exposure so I bought a project 996 (awesome car) and have put the speedster to pasture.

Your IM is awesome and should be listed on BAT if you are serious about getting it sold.

Good luck with your health and sale!

BAT turned my car down...they tried to LOW BALL me on reserve, etc as they often do. They suggested that the HAWAII location is a problem for buyers altho I have seen considerably worse locations AND much "LESSER" speedsters. They manipulate market to suit certain BUYERS, with themselves as buyers also(so I have heard). As far as I am concerned, they are NOT what they say they are(IMHO).

Despite loving the car, I am SERIOUS about selling, but all in due time. In the interim, I slap on 70 SPF and go for a quiet cruise at 8:30 a.m. One of these days, someone will make a decent offer and get a MAGNIFICENT car....

It is just plain criminal that folks do not get a chance to drive this car.....in the mean  time, I suffer cruising Haleiwa/Oahu in my IM6.

Banzai Pipeline posted:
Mike373 posted:

Sell that one and get a coupe..  In all honestly, you healed up very nicely.  I'm going to have the same issues in the next few years.  Lot's of sun in my time so far.

NO COUPE.....they are nice cars indeed, but for me, a 356 has an open roof with "AIR IN MY HAIR"....

Hoping to stick around for more years, but my 53 years with open motoring are over and a MINI VAN is fine. Driving around a South Pacific Island with 300 PLUS days of sunshine a year with ocean, palm trees, and bikinis, in a 356 COUPE, is just plain RIDICULOUS(LOL).

@Banzai Pipeline hard problem to have with bikinis all over lol

Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.