Skip to main content

Classified postings do not allow for discussion (replies are not allowed).  Direct message the member if you would like to discuss the item.
The Classified section is open to any individual (non-commercial firms) posting of items for sale. Members posting commercial advertisements must be enrolled in a Supporting Merchant program. 
Postings without relevant details (PRICE, location, condition, etc.) will be deleted.

https://bringatrailer.com/list...6a-convertible-d-17/

Tidy-looking silver Convertible D auction notable for two things: (1) Driving video through Manhattan streets, struggling to get out of second gear, waiting to have someone open a car door into it on streets narrowed by endless covid-era outdoor eateries. (2) Impatient bidder who answered a $75k bid with $130k -- in an auction with 9 days to run.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

With 9 days to go?

It's like it was made for BaT - just the right car, in just the right color (calm down, Danny. Original Porsches in silver are comforting to people spending long money), at just the right time, in just the right place for people with the means to buy it. The auction is at $160k with 5 days to run. I'm gonna' set the over/under on this one at $250k.

I've got over.

Last edited by Stan Galat

There have been cases on BaT where the seller actually bids under a different screen name, in an effort to elevate the bid. As I understand, it’s not an unusual thing to do at auctions.
At the end of the day, what does it cost you?  The auction house commission?  Might be worth the risk….especially since BaT’s commission isn’t that much in comparison.  

It's 5%, unless I'm mistaken. In this case, I think that's gonna' be a lot of money.

Last edited by Stan Galat
@Stan Galat posted:

With 9 days to go?

It's like it was made for BaT - just the right car, in just the right color (calm down, Danny. Original Porsches in silver are comforting to people spending long money), at just the right time, in just the right place for people with the means to buy it. The auction is at $160k with 5 days to run. I'm gonna' set the over/under on this one at $250k.

I've got over.

Dude, I love silver. It's just a bit overdone on Spyder replicas. Hence mine.

I love your IM as it is. There appears to be a nice, wide variety of colors used on the 356. This makes silver a great choice, if that's your thing.

Spyders appear to have slightly different shades of one choice, is all.

FYI, I'm very calm LOL!

Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.