1962 Porsche twin grill Roadster

I organize a car club near our home in north Gerogia. And we do a few Cruise Ins every year. And often some really great cars show up. This is a clip from last Saturday. A friend recent got a rare 356, and I was surprised / happy he brought it to our group. So I threw together this quick video. Not going to win any awards, but I thought you guys might be interested in it. (My car is the blue IM Roadster next to  his.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MIso6FC8dk

john's-roadster

Attachments

Photos (1)
Original Post

The B&C series IMO were never the prettiest cars for P. The 356 up to the A was more to my liking.  It just was more sculpted and more curvy and the overriders made the car look much more 50's elegant IMO...   The euro style smaller bumpers would be a nice addition on that car. 

At least we can drive our cars! I can’t imagine Driving around a car worth that much. Even a non matching engine driver twin grill is 250k.  I have been slowly accumulating parts to build a twin grill at some point. Thought is to cut up a CMC to do it. Should be well under 450k even using many original Porsche parts (maybe 30k all in) 

arajani posted:

The guy who owns my former 54 Speedster owns 3 of them. I think he paid $650k for the last one that Willhoit did. 

They are neat, but personally, I don't find that *that* great. I'd rather have a A Carrera coupe at that price...

... or maybe a Singer 911.

John is a friend of mine and is quite intelligent. He has a 1973 911s that  he bought new and another 356 cabriolet he has had for decades. All in pristine condition. And all driven.
All I can say is he got a fantastic price (much less than the numbers being bounced around here) on this Roadster, and he took best of show at the Atlanta Concourse with both of his cars in their respective categories.. 
So ... I guess quality, value, investment, beauty, ... are in the eye of the beholder. Personally I thought it was pretty dang decent of him to bring it to our small rural Cruise In and show it off.
I certainly enjoyed and appreciated having a close look and a spirited drive in it.

Add Reply

Likes (0)