Skip to main content

Classified postings do not allow for discussion (replies are not allowed).  Direct message the member if you would like to discuss the item.
The Classified section is open to any individual (non-commercial firms) posting of items for sale. Members posting commercial advertisements must be enrolled in a Supporting Merchant program. 
Postings without relevant details (PRICE, location, condition, etc.) will be deleted.

Replies sorted oldest to newest

It presents well, but (and I'm not disparaging) it's a gel-coat car with rusty floorpans and a top that "needs restoration" (per the ad). It's got a 1776 with Kads, and a cool 901 5-speed. Everything else is pretty basic (vinyl seats, 4-lug wheels, etc.).

I have no idea how BaT selects cars, as they have turned down cars from members here that were nicer than this one. I'd happily own it, but this car is about the same as the one David Stroud bought in Idaho a few years ago for less than $10K. Pricing has gone nuts since then, but based on the bidding so far - this one will not be a "deal" for anybody. Such is the power of BaT.   

Last edited by Stan Galat
Stan Galat posted:

It presents well, but (and I'm not disparaging) it's a gel-coat car with rusty floorpans and a top that "needs restoration" (per the ad). It's got a 1776 with Kads, and a cool 901 5-speed. Everything else is pretty basic (vinyl seats, 4-lug wheels, etc.).

I have no idea how BaT selects cars, as they have turned down cars from members here that were nicer than this one. I'd happily own it, but this car is about the same as the one David Stroud bought in Idaho a few years ago for less than $10K. Pricing has gone nuts since then, but based on the bidding so far - this one will not be a "deal" for anybody. Such is the power of BaT.   

They turned down my IM6....they were jerking me around on "reserve", etc. I have spoken to a half dozen guys who have had similar BAT issues. METHINX along with them that they attempt to push the aircooled market to their own group of buyers.

Just approaches the ridiculous that a relatively "rare" AND "well done/sorted" IM6 would appear less desirable than some of those presently on BAT? Not complaining but would have/could have been an interesting bidding to watch.

BE SAFE

IaM-Ray posted:

Banzai you should post this on this IM auction just to give a wake up call to that group. 

I do suspect there are many who are in colusion on there... just saying.

They HAVE DISCRETION over posts! they will CLEARLY not have it! I dont want to be critical of one man's treasure but I've seen some real "suspect" cars, some that should be on a USED CAR LOT(just a few:LOL), on BAT auctions. What they need is a couple of SMART "SOC" guys to start a COMPETITION AUCTION HOUSE.....seems simple enough?  

Folks post their stuff: BAT takes "no responsibility for sellers reliability" and quickly takes their 10%(with ceiling). Heck, all you need is a creative website designer and a quality detailed business model similar to theirs. They have NO LIABILITY/NO EXPOSURE.....

To put it simply: THEY SUCK

Allow me to share BAT format, you fill out the online questionaire then they contact you telling you the way THEY value it.  I submitted  a very nice show quality dune buggy at reasonable $15k. BAT emails back stating a measly $9k or no reserve is the only way they would accept it.  Two days later I got the $15k and can sell another four like dune buggy's .

BS meterIaM-Ray posted:

Felt like your arm was torqued behind your back?  Well I would have walked as well. 

Yeah I did, BAT is the place for the elite or one off's  and I guess they didn't want my listing money. I was going to reply to them with a "BS jpeg" but thought that might stir then=m up a bit too much.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • BS meter
Last edited by Alan Merklin
Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.