Skip to main content

Classified postings do not allow for discussion (replies are not allowed).  Direct message the member if you would like to discuss the item.
The Classified section is open to any individual (non-commercial firms) posting of items for sale. Members posting commercial advertisements must be enrolled in a Supporting Merchant program. 
Postings without relevant details (PRICE, location, condition, etc.) will be deleted.

482E6F2F-9D47-4D43-8443-EF145054C25C447D7EE1-67C3-4058-97AE-CD910C5D7509D9F06ACD-6E7C-4F6D-87D8-6A496C6ACB6DGood afternoon all, trying to feel out the market and decide if I want to put my speedster up for sale. I have an Intermeccanica kit that I have been driving for years. It needed a little bit of work just to freshen it up and I decided not to spare any expense and went crazy bought an entire brand spanking new interior gauges all of the emblems and trim convertible top and hardware all the lights everything to return the car including any wiring harness. But a family emergency with my father has come along and the project has stopped so I have decided instead of this beautiful car anyways I’m gonna try to pass along to somebody else to see if they’re interested. It was my running and driving car I have it insured to Hagerty for $32,000 I have every single solitary piece needed to finish it it still starts and runs. PM me for details. I know what the cars worth when it’s completed and I’m not going to expect to get that. Please feel free to ask questions and to send me messages and make me reasonable offers on the car at this point I might consider just about anything reasonable. The old interior was black the pictures that I have posted showing the interior now is the color that I got it looks just like a worn baseball glove.

car is located in Key West FL.

508-878-8651 for text or call. 

Pics on request, 

id like to try to get around $22k or reasonable

Attachments

Images (3)
  • 482E6F2F-9D47-4D43-8443-EF145054C25C
  • 447D7EE1-67C3-4058-97AE-CD910C5D7509
  • D9F06ACD-6E7C-4F6D-87D8-6A496C6ACB6D
Last edited by jzzzake
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Car looks really good- I mean, who doesn't like a red Speedster? You shouldn't have any problem selling it with Spring just around the corner (especially at that price).

Tell us about it though, please- swingaxle or irs? anti-sway bars? tire size(s)? discs all around, discs and rear drums or drums? have you put caster shims under the front beam? As Carlos asked- engine specs- cam, valve sizes, any porting work, compression or at the very least- size, carburetors, exhaust, how high it revs to in 3rd gear with power? ring & pinion ratio? is it beefed? superdiff? stock 1st through 4th gears? does it have a kafer bar and/or trans mid mount? mileage?

The more info about it you post the more people will be able to talk it up and exclaim what a good deal it is. Al

The engine is around a 1914cc. MoFoCo 042 heads, I believe 85mm pistons and barrels. Pertronix electronic ignition, blue high performance coil, dual Weber 40 IDF carbs, dual port, alternator, swing axle, front disc conversion, front and rear antiroll bar, 4 speed highway flyer transmission.

no idea on the cam, crank, ring and pinion ratio, no caster shims, not beefed up. Pretty stock as IM built it in ‘84. Have a set of speedster gauges to replace the 914 gauges. 

jzzzake posted:

The engine is around a 1914cc. MoFoCo 042 heads, I believe 85mm pistons and barrels. Pertronix electronic ignition, blue high performance coil, dual Weber 40 IDF carbs, dual port, alternator, swing axle, front disc conversion, front and rear antiroll bar, 4 speed highway flyer transmission.

no idea on the cam, crank, ring and pinion ratio, no caster shims, not beefed up. Pretty stock as IM built it in ‘84. Have a set of speedster gauges to replace the 914 gauges. 

If it is a 1914cc, it would have 94mm pistons/barrels by 69mm crank... :-)

Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.