Skip to main content

I am looking for information/advice on how to price a Spyder for a friend who wants to settle her late husbands estate. The car has been sitting for years but appears to be in good condition. I know very little about the car relative to the mfg of the kit, engine size,etc. Is there a way to identify this information from the car? Any and all information that can be provided is much appreciated. I want to price the car for a quick sale, but don't want to give it away.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I am looking for information/advice on how to price a Spyder for a friend who wants to settle her late husbands estate. The car has been sitting for years but appears to be in good condition. I know very little about the car relative to the mfg of the kit, engine size,etc. Is there a way to identify this information from the car? Any and all information that can be provided is much appreciated. I want to price the car for a quick sale, but don't want to give it away.

If it's a 1984, it is probably a Beck. Overall condition and options really will dictate the price, much more than age and mileage. Post some photos and we'll be happy to help. Also, the buyer may want to know how it is registered. I think if it is a 1984 all Becks at that time were kits, as in home-built and not a turn-key. There should be a serial number in the frame or a plate riveted somewhere.
OK. I have posted pictures to the Jaglover folder in the Photo section of this site. The car is a Beck. S/N is 20966890 019
The car has a legal title in the State of Massachusetts. Last registered in 1991 as indicated by the state inspection sticker on the windshield. I much appreciate any comments you have relative to opinions of value. The car is located in Massachusetts.
I believe that is S/N 19...the other stamped numbers may have been put in my the Highway Patrol or DMV as a VIN.

The car has some less than desireable modifications (stereo in the dash, newer gauges) and looks to be in fair shape.

Depending on the engine specs I would imagine at most $10k in current condition (depending on the engine specs and condition) and maybe $13k at most if cleaned up and the engine were a bigger motor in good condition.

Theree was another one about a year ago that sold for about $10K in similar condition (although cleaned up).

Good luck...

Mike
Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.