Skip to main content

Classified postings do not allow for discussion (replies are not allowed).  Direct message the member if you would like to discuss the item.
The Classified section is open to any individual (non-commercial firms) posting of items for sale. Members posting commercial advertisements must be enrolled in a Supporting Merchant program. 
Postings without relevant details (PRICE, location, condition, etc.) will be deleted.

I thought I might be able to pull it off, but I make just enough money not to qualify for any financial aid, and too little to afford paying tuition for a college freshman; and so I am offering for sale my
1989 Beck Spyder

This is a very unique example of the Beck Spyder. The car is titled as a 1989, but signifigant updates were made after it was first completed.

1973 Porsche 914 1.8L power

Full aluminum independent rear suspension from a 1993-98 Porsche 911. (993)

5 lug wheels, 4 wheel disc brakes, 5 speed manual transmission,
oil cooler

I bought this car 2+ years ago, on eBay, and I know it
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I thought I might be able to pull it off, but I make just enough money not to qualify for any financial aid, and too little to afford paying tuition for a college freshman; and so I am offering for sale my
1989 Beck Spyder

This is a very unique example of the Beck Spyder. The car is titled as a 1989, but signifigant updates were made after it was first completed.

Full aluminum independent rear suspension from a 1993-98 Porsche 911. (993)

5 lug wheels, 4 wheel disc brakes, 5 speed manual transmission,
oil cooler

I bought this car 2+ years ago, on eBay, and I know it

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Nov07^11
Hi, could you sent me pictures of your Spyder,

I use Picasa from Google to sort and archieve my pictures, if you install it, it will sort out all the pictures on your PC. Select the original "big" files and hit the Email buttom, they will be made ready for sending as nice "small" attachements.

Karl,
Just checked out your pics - awesome car! Love the rear suspesion, huge improvement over the regular 911 suspension and the dedion tube on our car. Your system is far more elegant, basically an a-arm setup with a coil-over type shock arrangement. It should offer excellent tracking, adjustability and there are a host of aftermarket up-grades if someone gets real nuts. Very very powerful brakes already in place.

Just fyi - this is a bargain priced car for the sum of its parts. Best luck on selling it and to its lucky new owner.

Hope you don't mind if we blatantly steal your suspension idea for our next build!! You see, 993's are showing up with surprising affordability in the bone-yards...

angela
Thank you, Angela, for the commentary! Coming from the owner of possibly the nicest, most potent Spyder around, thanks!
It IS a very nice ride, with extras most Spyders don't have. I know I was MORE than pleasantly surprised with the details when I finally saw it after online purchase.
My Spyder is still available. I have had two buyers back out. One, his wife nixed the plan; the second bought a lesser car on eBay.

Full aluminum independent rear suspension from a 1996 Porsche 911. (993 series)

5 lug wheels, 5 speed Porsche manual transmission, oil cooler, 911 cooling fan/alternator, dual 2 bbl WEBER carbs, stainless exhaust, lightened flywheel, 4 wheel disc brakes, rears 911 discs cut down to fit the wheels and grabbed by 944 calipers, custom cut to clear the rotors!

Fast, Unique, Very Special! This car is a blast to drive, and gets a lot of attention, wherever you go!

Try and find another Spyder this nice for anywhere close to this price!

Please feel free to Ask ANY question you may have!

I have listed the car on eBay, ending Nov. 6.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • s13
Despite having 101 "watchers" on my eBay auction, my Spyder did not sell when the deal ended this morning. Was it just the whole Spyderowner family watching?

I kind of get the feeling that it would have sold if I was asking MORE for it.

Anyway, car relisted on eBAy, 7 more days, with reserve of $17,500.

just a little discouraged..............kb
I am happy/sad to say that my Spyder has been sold.

I wanted to say Thank You to all who have responded to my questions over the past three years. This site is a tremendous resource to anyone who has a Spyder, Beck, Vintage, TR, or other.

Having a Spyder was a longtime dream come true for me, and I hope to draw upon the experiences in choosing future toys.

Thanks again!

Karl Bading

Attachments

Images (1)
  • s12
Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.