Skip to main content

Classified postings do not allow for discussion (replies are not allowed).  Direct message the member if you would like to discuss the item.
The Classified section is open to any individual (non-commercial firms) posting of items for sale. Members posting commercial advertisements must be enrolled in a Supporting Merchant program. 
Postings without relevant details (PRICE, location, condition, etc.) will be deleted.

Regrettably decided to sell my CMC speedster. This is a one-of-a-kind 1957 Porsche Speedster with a 1966 Chevy Corvair 2.7L turbo that generates 165hp. I've seen plenty of speedsters with VW, Subi, and Audi transplants, but never another one with a Corvair engine. The car runs, stops, turns as it should, with zero issues. Car comes with a Clear CA title as a 0000 SPCN built in 1993, now under SB100, and is smog EXEMPT . The car sits on a VW Pan. Looking on thesamba.com, the pan/chassis matches March 1970 (110272XXXX). The clear title is in my name, and I have been able to successfully register it on the California roads. Again, the car is registered under SB100, so it does NOT need to be smogged.

Car was purchased from Rancho Santa Fe motors with a VW motor, but the previous owner didn't think it was enough HP. He spent over $10K at Eurotech motors in Campbell, CA to replace the VW engine with this Corvair monster. I have all documentation of the work performed and engine rebuild. The engine is matched with a 4 speed VW gear box and a quaife differential. The speedster sits on its performance Motegi racing wheels (aka Traklite 2), Wilwood disk brakes all around and brand new Michelin Sport Pilot wheels. Brand new brake pads in the front, and the rears. The stance is perfect, drop spindles in the front and adjusted torsion springs in the back.

I recently added fog lights, LED headlights, and put better hood straps, electronic choke, and RF horn button. The remote horn is a custom on-off. The steering wheel has a quick disconnect, and you can still operate the horn detached from the steering column. It's an awesome trick, and always gets people wondering WTF, just like the Corvair engine in the back. I also added a convertible top and side curtain windows to prepare yourself for winter driving. It's a low beam convertible frame, so the car looks chopped with the top up. Car looks good with both the top down AND top up. You can't say that about all speedsters...

The car gets tons of attention wherever you go with it, and people are always scratching their heads when they look under the bonnet or hear the horn.

Interior is Raven Black in suede (doors, dash, doors panels, shift and brake boots) and real carbon fiber (including dash panel) which creates a beautiful color combination with the Red exterior. Detachable Momo suede steering wheel with working horn. Check out all the pictures to see the sides of the doors. All upholstery was done all brand new. Seats are replica porsche GT3-RS in alcantera and carbon fiber accents, which match the interior of the car perfectly. I cut down the headrests as they were way too high and didn't match the lines of the car. Speedster has all new black racing gauges made by Classic instruments in an aviation theme. All gauges and lights work perfect.

Fitted with performance built 2.7L Corvair turbo engine with single barrel stock turbo carburetor. This thing is quick, and the Supertrap exhaust sounds awesome. Car has a 4 speed transmission. Has exterior oil-cooler running to the front of the car (so you can even drive it in very hot climates, like the desert, etc). Has front/rear Wilwood disk brakes, new battery, great sounding performance Supertrap exhaust system. Custom Sony Stereo with handsfree bluetooth phone and music streaming.

I'll be more than happy to talk to you about the registration hassles I had to overcome and provide you all the relevant documentation. You won't have to go through the pain I went through now that its an SB100 in California.

WATCH the videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k93l0FsrJ0g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBT2vURy7rU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokMoQzzwQc

For those interested you can call me (Vlad) at 650-799-27 zero zero. If I don't answer just leave me a voicemail.

$35500 OBO

Willing to trade for running convertible, spyder, roadster, boxster, porsche project of equal value.
IMG_0593IMG_0594IMG_0595IMG_0596IMG_0599IMG_0600IMG_0601IMG_0602IMG_0603IMG_0605IMG_0606IMG_0609IMG_0610IMG_0612IMG_0613IMG_0614IMG_0615IMG_0616IMG_0617IMG_0618IMG_0619IMG_0622IMG_0631IMG_0632IMG_0633IMG_0634IMG_0636IMG_0637IMG_0638IMG_1865IMG_2097IMG_0662

Attachments

Images (32)
  • IMG_0593
  • IMG_0594
  • IMG_0595
  • IMG_0596
  • IMG_0599
  • IMG_0600
  • IMG_0601
  • IMG_0602
  • IMG_0603
  • IMG_0605
  • IMG_0606
  • IMG_0609
  • IMG_0610
  • IMG_0612
  • IMG_0613
  • IMG_0614
  • IMG_0615
  • IMG_0616
  • IMG_0617
  • IMG_0618
  • IMG_0619
  • IMG_0622
  • IMG_0631
  • IMG_0632
  • IMG_0633
  • IMG_0634
  • IMG_0636
  • IMG_0637
  • IMG_0638
  • IMG_1865
  • IMG_2097
  • IMG_0662
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I have an “Uuga” horn that sounds like they did in the 30’s, but I had trouble with my horn button grounding during turns (and horn would turn on unexpected, scaring the sh&@ our of me). I found an RF button switch that works without a wire. Now I can activate the horn even with the steering wheel off the car. It’s a very cool feature, in my childish opinion.
Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.