Skip to main content

Classified postings do not allow for discussion (replies are not allowed).  Direct message the member if you would like to discuss the item.
The Classified section is open to any individual (non-commercial firms) posting of items for sale. Members posting commercial advertisements must be enrolled in a Supporting Merchant program. 
Postings without relevant details (PRICE, location, condition, etc.) will be deleted.

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Ron, I want to drive my IM in, but I have a small problem...no tires. I'm waiting for my new tires (going down to 185's) so I can clear the rear fenders. Hopefully, my tires will be in today or tomorrow. Then, weather permitting, I'll drive in. I'll email you directly the night before, or phone you.
Ron
Phoned about my tires...when I could pick them up...."big screw-up" says the tire guy...."tires are still in Toronto"..."will be another 10 days". So, my car sits on four jack stands...new tranny, new engine, new carbs, new brakes, etc., no tires. What are the words to that Bruce Colburn song..."if I had a rocket launcher some son-of-a-b*t*h would die".
Ron
For Tires the guy's name is Raymond ... He's the owner

Tell him Danny Hung referred you and he'll give you the "good" pricing.

The shop is called Gilman's Auto located around Bellamy and Eglinton

Phone # (416)489-1388

For Rims the guy's name is Colin ... He's the owner

The shop is called Wheels Direct located on 4736 Sheppard Ave. East just easy of McCowan

Phone # (416)754-0997
(Message Edited 7/17/2003 9:59:33 PM)
It's not the fault of the fellow I'm buying the tires through. His prices are good and he's a straight shooter. There were no Potenza RE 950s to be found east of Toronto. Not much call for 185 x 65 these days, so they had to be ordered from the Bridgestone main wharehouse in Toronto. It's the Bridgestone wharehouse in Toronto that "misplaced" the order.
Ron
Car is sold. My wife and I travelled to Vancouver last week, and picked the car up from Henry. We had a great vacation on Vancouver Island (Nanaimo, Chemainus, Tofino) and the car is being shipped by
train to the Toronto area.

Many thanks to Vancouver area speedster enthusiasts Ron O'Black and Ron Leonard for their help in this long distance transaction, and of course to Henry at IM, who is a real professional, and a nice guy!

I think we all owe thanks to people like Henry at IM, John Steele at JPS, and Kirk at Vintage (I know I am missing other names/builders here), for making this entire hobby possible.

Cheers

RJC
It was great to meet you and your wife. Strangely, the other Ron couldn't make it in to see Bob...not sure why...but I know Bob was really looking forward to taking Ron's car for a spin...

How was your trip?

Boy, that dark red Roadster beside yours sure looks good!
Ron
(Message Edited 8/15/2003 1:29:36 AM)
This week I really hate air cooled motors:
1984 IM: new motor goes putt, putt, putt, clank (sound of rear main bearing seizing)
1970 911 pickup: 3 weeks in the shop...still won't start (jump starts great, though my wife is getting tired of pushing)
2000 Ford Ranger 4x4 pickup: starts EVERY time...runs great.
Ron
Ron,
I feel for you- No sooner did I post concerning how to stop an oil leak at the pully, and I've got the mother of all leaks from my distributer shaft seal getting onto the pully and flinging oil EVERYWHERE (bad enough that it was dripping off the body under the car in the rear). Finding a seal in mid-america proved even more fun...
Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.