Skip to main content

I know it's no big deal for some, but I went for a nice ride today and turned over 20K. Of course, since I trailered(pulled?) it to Carlisle 3 times, the engine only has 17,500 on it, but the chassis has 20K.

56 degrees fahrenheit, sunny, and calm. Took a spin out to breakfast, then up and over my usual mountain run. Sweet ride, great day.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I know it's no big deal for some, but I went for a nice ride today and turned over 20K. Of course, since I trailered(pulled?) it to Carlisle 3 times, the engine only has 17,500 on it, but the chassis has 20K.

56 degrees fahrenheit, sunny, and calm. Took a spin out to breakfast, then up and over my usual mountain run. Sweet ride, great day.
Haha, WB! You just reminded me of the trip out to Merklin's and Randy for the paint. Do I have to add another 560 miles? No speedo in the car at that point, but you're right, we are really only concerned about engine miles, right?

Filled up the tank at the end of the day, and took it for another ten minutes loaded up with 2 ounces of Marine Stabil, then put it away. I may get a couple more runs in, tomorrow and maybe Election Day, as I have for the past 5 years. That is usually one of my last runs if not the last until spring. Scheduled to be mid-fifties and sunny, and I am off work, it's a holiday at my job. Get out and VOTE!
Congrat's Danny.
It's great to log a ton of fun miles in one of these cars. I just glanced at the IM-6 Roadster yesterday and noticed when I tucked it away for the season the odo read exactly 29,000 miles. That's 3 years of a lot of fun driving.
Here's to all in SOC land who love to pile on the miles behind the wheel of their replica!

Attachments

Images (3)
  • _DSC7297
  • _DSC7333
  • _DSC7350
Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.