Skip to main content

Classified postings do not allow for discussion (replies are not allowed).  Direct message the member if you would like to discuss the item.
The Classified section is open to any individual (non-commercial firms) posting of items for sale. Members posting commercial advertisements must be enrolled in a Supporting Merchant program. 
Postings without relevant details (PRICE, location, condition, etc.) will be deleted.

I have decided to work with Henry again and build a watercooled IM. To do that, I will be selling my Black/Red/Tan Speedster. There are some really nice add ons to this car.

2276 CB Engine w/dual 44s and heim joint linkage, CB Wedge port heads, Coil and MSD mounted out of sight, electric fuel pump, oil cooler,......
Original 356 Steering wheel w/Horn ring
Original 356 under dash parking brake
Original 356 heater control
15x6 Fuchs with low milage tires on front and new tires on rear, 5/16 spacers on rear wheels
Red interior with Oatmeal squareweave
Tan highbow top
1/2 and full tonneau
Front of car, from doors forward was repainted 2 years ago by Intermeccanica.
Bra fitting the overiders

Bumper overiders and overider bars

California SB100 registered and the SB100 is fully transferable. NO REGISTRATION Hassel in CA. FYI, if you register an SB100 car outside of Califorina, it must go thru the SB100 process again if the car is brought back.

This is a US Intermeccanica and cannot be registered in Canada, as a Canadian IM cannot be registered in the US.

DaelB at at at AOLdotCOM and I'll give you a phone number if you'd like to discuss this pretty special Intermeccanica.

I have LOTS of pictures if you are interested.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I have decided to work with Henry again and build a watercooled IM. To do that, I will be selling my Black/Red/Tan Speedster. There are some really nice add ons to this car.

2276 CB Engine w/dual 44s and heim joint linkage, CB Wedge port heads, Coil and MSD mounted out of sight, electric fuel pump, oil cooler,......
Original 356 Steering wheel w/Horn ring
Original 356 under dash parking brake
Original 356 heater control
15x6 Fuchs with low milage tires on front and new tires on rear, 5/16 spacers on rear wheels
Red interior with Oatmeal squareweave
Tan highbow top
1/2 and full tonneau
Front of car, from doors forward was repainted 2 years ago by Intermeccanica.
Bra fitting the overiders

Bumper overiders and overider bars

California SB100 registered and the SB100 is fully transferable. NO REGISTRATION Hassel in CA. FYI, if you register an SB100 car outside of Califorina, it must go thru the SB100 process again if the car is brought back.

This is a US Intermeccanica and cannot be registered in Canada, as a Canadian IM cannot be registered in the US.

DaelB at at at AOLdotCOM and I'll give you a phone number if you'd like to discuss this pretty special Intermeccanica.

I have LOTS of pictures if you are interested.

Attachments

Images (3)
  • I2 Dixon Country
  • Z3C
  • Engine clearance r
Dale,

Details, man, details! What water cooled engine? Turbo or NA? Hmmm? By the way, the tech at 034 Motorsports said the tune on my engine was spot on and that Henry's supplier did a good job based on the recent dyno results I got at their shop in Fremont. If you want more than about 170 wheel HP from the Audi 1.8t, he says you will need 2 things that my build does not have. A bigger turbo and plumbing to fit and a larger intercooler with more airflow to match. He did say that the dyno does not represent driving at speed because it offers no airflow to the intercooler buried in my RR fender but he maintains the K03 turbo and single S4 IC are probably at their limit delivering 168WHP at 15PSI boost.

Tomm
Maybe Im learning disabled(not anything wrong with that), but while I respect progress, I fail to see the attraction of H20 cars in this application. It goes against everything these cars have represented for decades. Now you can all shout me down! Tomm, you first! Dale your car is as beautiful a build as IM has ever produced. Why hoe the same ground.... you want more power Do a 427 Cobra!!!
HOWARD I AM SHOUTING YOU DOWN NOW. Dale is making a sane and reasonable choice. These are not pure cars by any stretch of the imagination so personal preference can rule over authenticity. Heck, some folks even put 3.2 litre 6 cyl 911 motors in full custom frames under fibreglass bodies with Corvette colors into these things:)

Tomm
Dale - your beautiful black IM is probably one of the most iconic of all the Speedsters on this site. I know it's inspired many builds. While I can't imagine anyone else owning it, I know whoever buys it will be a happy guy (or gal).
An h2O IM should get you through the next couple of decades of fun driving with no problem.
Somebody should snap up Dale's Speedster...pronto!
My friend John Leader said:

If Vince bought an IM, that would truly be a sign that the world is coming to an end...well in advance of 2012, by the way. So, there, all you Mayans.

I would have to agree.

Howard,

The watercooled cars are the evolution of the speedster if you want a trouble free ride. Yes you will catch some hell but the up side is plenty. To build enough power out of an old school air cooled motor unless you add the two extra cylinders is just not practical for most people.

If you want a air conditioned car with power everything, a real heater and defroster that works plus a car that will pass most states smog laws then your options get a bunch smaller.
Dale-

I'm speechless, man! Your car is an icon.

And the "heart deep 6s" are going with? What about the trophies, the calendar shots, and the magazine spreads?

Forget Vince buying an IM- Dale selling this beauty is the true first horseman of the apocalypse. If I didn't already have the car of my dreams, I'd pull the trigger on this one.
Just like the man said... It's sold. Please don't ask me how much I paid for it...

Thanks Dale, it was a real pleasure to meet you this morning. Thanks Henry for being so helpful from the outset, and thanks to everyone else who I've spoken to while I have been looking for the right car.

I did get a glimpse today of Dale's new project, but I should leave him to tell you all about that in due course. It's going to be beautiful, believe me. In the meantime I will take good care of the car formerly known as IMPOZTR...

All the very best,

John.
John,

Sorry I did not get to meet you today but you and Dale had plenty to do. I knew in my heart after our conversation regarding my build/offer Dales car was perfect for you. It was just a matter of him getting back from vacation.

I hope you enjoy the car and maybe if you have time this year you can drive the coast up to the Intermeccanica BBQ in July. You can hook up with me and likely Dale too on the way up.

Your car is loved by a lot of people and is an outstanding example of Henry's work.

"Welcome to the Madness", maybe not but passion is sure found here.......;-)
JOHN B....You did score a cool car, and I also don't care what you paid, I do however think that when someone places an ad for their speedster, posting a price should be a part of the ad, unless of course you have something to hide....it's a courtesy if nothing else..
i guess that's where I'm different than some others, I don't have anything to hide, up front at all times and costs...
My kids tell me I'm brutal....
Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.