Skip to main content

Classified postings do not allow for discussion (replies are not allowed).  Direct message the member if you would like to discuss the item.
The Classified section is open to any individual (non-commercial firms) posting of items for sale. Members posting commercial advertisements must be enrolled in a Supporting Merchant program. 
Postings without relevant details (PRICE, location, condition, etc.) will be deleted.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'll drop my price to $15,500. This car only has 2900 miles on it,1641cc motor, most every option, an 800.00 dollar stereo, badge package, spare and jack,it's ready to go. I paid over $20,000.00 with the extras included just 11 months ago. Tried e-bay and got beat bad. Any ideas from you guys?
Thanks,
Rick
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'll drop my price to $15,500. This car only has 2900 miles on it,1641cc motor, most every option, an 800.00 dollar stereo, badge package, spare and jack,it's ready to go. I paid over $20,000.00 with the extras included just 11 months ago. Tried e-bay and got beat bad. Any ideas from you guys?
Thanks,
Rick
One of the problems is that there are a lot of used VS cars out there and the turnover is pretty often - for example, you're selling yours after owning it only 11 months. So, supply and demand?

Add to that the economy is in the dumps which means many people are not buying toy cars. Finally, a lot of people interested in replicas are becoming more educated and your car color/interior or engine build might not be what they want. Finally, it's harder to sell big ticket items at income tax time.

This is why I tell people to buy the best quality they can afford, a solid mechanical lifter engine that offers real performance, and a transaxle with better than stock gearing.

(Message Edited 4/16/2003 10:04:27 AM)
Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.