Skip to main content

Classified postings do not allow for discussion (replies are not allowed).  Direct message the member if you would like to discuss the item.
The Classified section is open to any individual (non-commercial firms) posting of items for sale. Members posting commercial advertisements must be enrolled in a Supporting Merchant program. 
Postings without relevant details (PRICE, location, condition, etc.) will be deleted.

OK, I'm taking the plunge. I have a rare opportunity to join a group build of the RV-12 I've been fantasizing about. One toy must go to make room for the next.

1957 Porsche 356 Speedster Replica

2006 Beck. Chassis no. 199 http://www.beckspeedster.com/generalproductinfo/speedster.html
Final assembly by Special Edition, Inc.

1915cc high-performance engine by CB Performance http://www.cbperformance.com/turnkeys.asp#1915
Full-flow oil filter. Setrab thermostatic oil cooler, heater boxes, Rancho performance transaxle w/3:88 final drive ratio

Harvest Moon Beige with Whiskey Tan leather seats
Many extras: All Porsche badging including nipple hubcabs with Porsche crest.
Haartz Stafast canvas top and full tonneau cover. All Tenax fasteners

1957 Beck Speedster(Speedster)

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

OK, I'm taking the plunge. I have a rare opportunity to join a group build of the RV-12 I've been fantasizing about. One toy must go to make room for the next.

1957 Porsche 356 Speedster Replica

2006 Beck. Chassis no. 199 http://www.beckspeedster.com/generalproductinfo/speedster.html
Final assembly by Special Edition, Inc.

1915cc high-performance engine by CB Performance http://www.cbperformance.com/turnkeys.asp#1915
Full-flow oil filter. Setrab thermostatic oil cooler, heater boxes, Rancho performance transaxle w/3:88 final drive ratio

Harvest Moon Beige with Whiskey Tan leather seats
Many extras: All Porsche badging including nipple hubcabs with Porsche crest.
Haartz Stafast canvas top and full tonneau cover. All Tenax fasteners
Thanks, guys. The flying bug has been on me for a very long time. I worked for Cessna right out of college but got out of the industry when it pretty much collapsed in 1981. Don't fear for my safety. Most accidents are due to stupidity, like flying into bad weather or allowing too much air in the fuel tanks.Flying every day, the airplane became like a suit of clothes. I felt very confident with my capabilities. I am hoping once I get back in the saddle I will regain most of those skills in a short time. The RV-12 is a very docile airplane.
Right -- make a replica Cessna 182P!

Rich, have you spoken to Carey about the possibilty of him brokering a deal for you on a sort of consignment basis? If I understand it right, he sometimes does that for folks; puts prospective buyers in touch with sellers who take good care of their cars.
Just a thought.
Now THAT would be uber-cool.......

A four-cam Porsche engine in a Mooney!!

Rich!

There's a couple of RV-12's at the local airport in Ridgeland, SC...kinda like small-ish Sky Coupes. In fact, there's a whole MESS of nifty planes over there - much cheaper hanger space than on Hilton Head and those guys have to spend their money on something so they keep them in Ridgeland. There's a small bunch of sailplanes there, too, along with the recent addition of a Lear Starship - very nice - and a couple of earlier Rutans.

OK....No more Hi-Jacks.

Good luck in selling the Speedie, Rich!

gn
Still sorta for sale. I posted on craigslist but let the listing expire. My wife doesn't want me to let it go. I'm torn over having $ tied up in two unnecessary toys. I won't have to come up with any big bucks for the airplane until we order the engine, so I have time to consider what to do. If you are considering new, consider that mine would run $42K to copy. PM me and I'll send you the specs. If I get serious about selling I'm sure I'll have to let the market tell me what it's worth. Open to offers. Worst that can happen is I'll say thanks, but no thanks.
Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.