Skip to main content

Classified postings do not allow for discussion (replies are not allowed).  Direct message the member if you would like to discuss the item.
The Classified section is open to any individual (non-commercial firms) posting of items for sale. Members posting commercial advertisements must be enrolled in a Supporting Merchant program. 
Postings without relevant details (PRICE, location, condition, etc.) will be deleted.

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I saw this car at Morro 09, Bitchen car to be sure. I could be mistaken but i thought it cost way over 100 large to build, which would mean it has taken a beating (depreciation) at 89 large, somebody set me straight, do some people have so much money, they can build one of these just to turn it over at a severe loss...what am I missing here....
My entry level speedy is looking better to me each time I see a thread like this..
The economy is still plenty funky, despite what the media are trying to feed us.
You never know when you're going to find yourself in need of some cash. Perhaps Matt finds himself in just such a situation. Plus, when you build a car that "specific," I doubt that you'd ever recover your full costs in any sale. (Ask me how I know...)
Still, when you consider what you could buy for that kind of dough, a "used replica," no matter how "special," is a tough sale for most guys, I'd think.
This car is an exceptional build, with NO expense spare. It was the next IM6 that Henry built after mine was completed. The owner and I shared alot of information between us, so I know what went into it. Yes its alot of coin, but it is really a custom built car from the ground up. When you look at Eleanor mustangs, cobras, Caterham 7's, 32 Fords, your looking at the same money depending on how, where, and who builds it. This car has well over 100k in it. Someone out there will see the value.
Guys,

All good points about "Replicas" however Intermeccanica is a "Custom Coach Builder" and such are a manufactuer of "new" complete automobiles with 100% new parts. They will sell an unfinished roller you can complete yourself or they will build a car that is somewhere in between using new and used parts.

I look at my purchase as a "new" car that happens to use some rebuilt/recycled parts from a 1980 Porsche 911 and one special part from a Jag XKE. When talking about the build Henry asked if I wanted him to restamp the frame with the VIN number of the 1980 911 I used. He could do it and then I could have registered the car as a rebodied custom car. I would have then had use the SB-100 Special Construction rules and meet the smog requitrments for the year model of the engine. I was NOT going to use the CIS injection and Catylitic Converter.

Matt's car is now a "Used" IM-6 worth what a willing buyer will pay for it. I wish him luck it is truly a special car with some very interesting touches. Where Matt whet "over the top" with some of the cool options like the gas heater and such I went for the more simplistic understatment that is a 59 GT Speedster.

Radio? "We don't need no stinking radio" A/C? "Drive faster" Heated seats? You bet for those chilly mornings......hey I have limits....;-)
Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.