Skip to main content

Ok, Troops.  Here is the daily Recon report on JPS  Dateline April 5, 2018  afternoon.

I stopped by the City of San Marcos business license division and verified the active license of JPS Classics LLC.  the address listed in the city records is in fact :

1825 Diamond St. Suite 103, San Marcos

I drove by the suite in a light industrial complex.  No signs on the doors, No suite numbers on the doors,  the larger suite next door is for rent.   JPS has the back suite that I estimate to be no larger than 2000 sq. ft.

I went to the leasing Agent's office and spoke to  Ken Dubs Sr. ( Dubs and Co. commercial Real Estate agents 1850 Diamond St #103, San MArcos (760)591-4100).

He said that Richard Crane was at the suite yesterday and he may have gone out for lunch. ( this was about 1:00PM) .  He said that he had Richard Crane's cell phone number and he could give him a call if I wanted.  Not wanting to "tip my hand", I told him that I wanted to show Richard something related to kit cars. I was just going to run a quick errand and then I would stop back by and see if I could catch him.  I then left the area and headed home.

My advice would be to contact Mr. Dubs and see if he would relay a message to Richard Crane and John Steele with the request that they contact you.  It never hurts to alert a landlord that there is "something not right" with a tenant and see if they can help you out.  Once you can establish contact with Crane/ Steele......... Take it from there.

Having personally gone a number of rounds with shady characters the likes of the former owners of Thunder Ranch, Carrera Coachwerks, ..........   I feel for you, 4 Banger........ it really sucks and I am constantly amazed at the under handed ways of some of these shysters. They think nothing of lying straight to your face ( since they have done that to everyone else for so long).    I am in deep with the $6 figures of "learning tuition" partly by my own fault and stubbornness not to cut my losses and run. But that is not me.  I have found some wonderfully talented and honest subcontractors that I use and am grateful for.   There are still some bad dogs out there.   Caveat Emptor  ( Buyer Beware)

Persevere,

Dr. Chris

Today at 2;30 pm I went to the JPS building in San Marcos. The building was shut tight. I peeked through the smoked office front glass and saw a desk with a phone some papers and a big can of Bondo on it, I looked through the next window which showed a small room like a waiting room with a coffee table some chairs and some books on table which had some pics of early 356 Porsches on them. I could see through the office part of it and through a partially open door looking into the shop area a huge JPS Motorsport shield sign mounted on wall. I went around to their outside storage area which was locked and there was just an old Mercedes . I will try to upload pics I took but they will just confirm what I saw as far as the exterior. it looks like the first attempt of a move to me on this end. Sorry I couldn't report a better situation. I'm a general contractor in this area and do work on Commercial buildings near by. I will swing by as I can and report any new action. 

Good recon gentlemen. Now we need to recon at the old address. Cleared out, locked up?

There was a lot of product at the old location. Not things that could be hidden away easily. A lot of tubs and pans and cars. Its a gated industrial neighborhood in which the gates are open for other businesses. Easy to drive through (in a semi rough business district).

New management should come through and speak up with intentions.

I will be in socal in about a week to pursue my options. I will not burn bridges with anybody. If that happens, others will do it on their own.

My guess is that ears & eyes are in the room to spectate the scuttlebutt.

Last edited by MaxMartens

My wife and I are amazed !!!! Thank you just doesn't cut it.

I immediately became a supporting member of this forum. I am now an official tub-head (without a tub or money...ha).

I am preparing two solutions for Mr. Crane and Mr. Steele. I can not urge them enough to consider them seriously. Stay tuned. Oh...and glad to be associated with people like you.

MaxMartens posted:

Sacto, that JPS blog only accepts fb logged in replies unfortunately.

FB unfortunately does not guarantee that your comment will be seen by anyone but YOU.   The other party can block you, remove your comment and there is no DISLIKE button.  

I am not on FB for that reason... Ebay at least allows you to make a true comment and then gives the seller the chance to explain or fix it... 

4Banger, you should have been around when Carrera Coachworks (see Dr. Chris reference) was around and taking advantage. That too was a full court press by the guys on this site. Point is, this is a small hobby and shysters get weeded out pretty quickly. 

One of our strengths is that we try and take care of each other and those who come with questions, issues or suspicions. 

The challenge is not to draw conclusions without the facts. Most of the time we get to the truth.

I hope this gets worked out to your satisfaction and that the new active management at JPS squares away the company.

I also hope that John Steele regains his health.

4Banger posted:

Wise words and will keep them in mind. I will remain cooperative and I am restrained and patient. At the same time, any responsible party needs to understand there are limits  and consequences they just may not have considered. As long as everyone understands that,  I was ready to end this 7 months ago or today.

It looks like you had not ordered anything on 7/9/1712:59 PM.

https://www.speedsterowners.co...7#563276256719572807

4Banger, did you change your mind before ordering?

4Banger, do you have a name?

What was your signed contract expected, delivery date?

Just wondering, what the timeline really is/was.

As an effort to settle my business matter with JPS, John Steele, Patrick Crane, etc, and to show my good intentions I have some ideas to present here. This new co-owner is interested in establishing a clean slate and offering a quality service to his future clients. What better way to do this than to show real integrity and commitment at this time?  I think this is an excellent opportunity for him. Here are my options.

1.Just refund the remainder of our payments by EOD Monday, 04/09/18. You can get the details but it is a little less than $21k right now. Boom...done. Business off to a good start and everyone can at least recommend you for your integrity. Much better advertising than some old pics of JPS builds at the old address from years ago.

2.You say you have 4 cars ready for the customer to choose an engine and start their summer fun. I want to start having summer fun. Give me one. We can work out the small details like which color, what wheels, non-salvage title, legit engine, etc.. Nothing elaborate... just standard service issue things I promise. And I'll come over there with $10k and verify it is what we agreed and drive away into all that summer fun.

How about it? The ball is in your court JPS Motorsports, JPS Classics, P. Crane,  J. Steele,  or whoever has the keys.

Roy Simpson, FF Plastic Porsche posted:
4Banger posted:

Wise words and will keep them in mind. I will remain cooperative and I am restrained and patient. At the same time, any responsible party needs to understand there are limits  and consequences they just may not have considered. As long as everyone understands that,  I was ready to end this 7 months ago or today.

It looks like you had not ordered anything on 7/9/1712:59 PM.

https://www.speedsterowners.co...7#563276256719572807

4Banger, did you change your mind before ordering?

4Banger, do you have a name?

What was your signed contract expected, delivery date?

Just wondering, what the timeline really is/was.

Contract dated April, 2017. Contract due date given to us no later than 1st week September, 2017 for a completed car, registered and delivered to our door. We questioned this fully at the beginning and were assured there was no prob. We allowed extra time past due date due to nature of project. Finally requested refund and set deadline for EOY 2017. I question why the scrutiny? That post you cite doesn't say I hadn't ordered anything. In fact it shows I already knew there were problems...that is why I said "I think I ordered..." And yes, I actually have two names. One at the start and one at the end. Ha.

Last edited by 4Banger
MaxMartens posted:

JPS FB shows activity 4-1 & yesterday claiming attendance at La Jolla Concourse. Somebody attend!

And yes any of those available cars should be ours, NOT to new clients.

I will keep my positivity and look to see progress on the JPS business front.

$70.00 per ticket. WE are going to Good Guys in Del Mar instead. 

Add Reply

Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.