Skip to main content

Add Rick and Thatsana (sp?) Drewek to the list.

By the way, the dinner event on Thursday night and Phil's departure on Saturday morning have driven us to solidify the cruise schedule as:

• Thursday, 27 SEP: The Rattler x2, led by whoever's fastest (Stan?)
  • Friday, 28 SEP: Tail of the Dragon/Cherahola Skyway/etc. Loop, led by Phil "Fear the Yorkey" Luebbert
  • Saturday, 29 SEP: The Blue Ridge Parkway, led by Carlos G.
Alan Merklin posted:

Carlisle 2019..Some interesting things in the early mix, stay tuned as  we're working on it ~

Glad to hear, Alan.  Events such as our Carlisle gathering evolve over time, and new and different approaches to such a weekend need to happen.  That is, as long as the core reason for being there remains the same.

Having missed this year’s, I am looking forward to 2019.

Have you checked the weather forecast yet?  

TOUR DE SMO, 2018  Dinner Thursday Sept 27----DETAILS

Our group dinner at Jack of The Wood in Asheville, NC is set for Thursday evening.  (www.jackofthewood.com).  The Tail of the Dragon cruise has been moved to Thursday to allow us to depart from Maggie Valley at 5:30 to arrive at the pub by about 6 to 6:15 for drinks and dinner.  Music starts at 7.

Directions out and back are attached  ---the Pub is easy to find and is only a couple of turns off the highway.  If you have a GPS set it to 95 Patton Avenue, Asheville, NC. otherwise just follow the caravan or use the printed directions.  If you start to hear banjos on the way, just lock your doors and drive a little faster!

Parking, this is a safe, lighted area with either street parking or a pay lot nearby. Be sure to take your keys and leave your top up.

Everyone can order from the menu and separate checks will be provided.   Seating is reserved and our group is all together in one area near the stage.

Returning to Maggie Valley,  Some of our group may want to leave earlier than others who may want to stay a little longer to enjoy the music.  Leaving at 8:00 will get you back to Maggie Valley by 9:00 easy for fellowship around the fire pits which was a highlight of last year's event.  If you do leave early please, as a courtesy to everyone, try to do so when the band is taking a break  rather than mid-set.

For our group, the cover charge has been waived.  The band plays for tips so feel free to put a few bucks into the tip jar! 

So far about 30 of our anticipated 32-34 attendees have signed up for this Thursday "Deliverance cruise" to Asheville.   We imagine that our entire group will enjoy this dinner and music evening.  But if not please tell me so, so I can have a firm number to give the restaurant so we are assured of great seating for everyone.

Alice and I are psyched for Tour De Smo!  Thanks to Lane,  organizers and cruise leaders for making this event happen!

See you there!   

Jack

Attachments

Add Reply

Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.