Skip to main content

Looks like a lot of fun. I'll be in Santa Barbara. 50/50 if I'll drive the 'new' VS Speedster to SB and then the 90 minute drive North on the 101 to SLO. I still need to fix my 75% WOT plate issue (minor). But I do want to add a remote oil filter, CHT gauge, front and rear shocks and do a few 'while I'm there' suspension mods before the event. I just haven't had the time lately to work on it. I got the VS to drive as my summer beach town morning-cup-of-coffee-go-getter as a replacement for my 1969 912 daily driver which I plan to restore. Who would have thunk to get a project to work on a project??!! Perhaps it's best I wait to do some of the mods until after SLO - I'll have better ideas after seeing and talking with all you guys.

montereybrian posted:

Hi guys, just wanted to post that I will be attending the gathering and staying at the host hotel. After much deliberation I have decided to trailer my car down as it is new to me, has no top, windows, heater, gps,  spare tire, etc. My question is can anyone tell me where I can park my 18' car/equipment trailer down there? I don't think there will be a big enough parking lot at the hotel for it and my jeep, but hopefully so. Thanks in advance for any info.14261509-1958-porsche-spyder-std14261516-1958-porsche-spyder-std14261517-1958-porsche-spyder-std

I remember from last year that there was quite a bit of parking available in the lot surrounding the hotel. If any early-bird arrivals could block off a few spaces for you, you should be "In Like Flynn!" And BTW: Most, if not all, of the Speedsters in attendance are without tops, windows, gps, spare tires, and the proverbial "etc." As for "heaters," the best anyone will be getting out of theirs is about what a Zippo lighter puts out. Our chosen "mobile money pits" are best outfitted with a warm coat, gloves, over-the-ears cap, and a good lap blanket. 

Brian....I really like your Spyder ? Especially the Subaru engine ! Who made your car ? In the photo of your engine compartment, are those the seat belts hanging into there ? Do they mount in there and then come out, up and over into the cockpit for you to use?  Do you have any straps as a final "safety catch" to insure that the clamshell doesn't fly off if the regular latch don't fully connect ?  I've never seen a radiator mounted back there.  Not a bad idea ! Especially for bleeding out air !.........Bruce

Troy Sloan posted:

This is the annual meeting where the SoCal SOCers, the NorCal SOCers and a few ZonerSOCers have the honor of meeting up with the CenCal SOCers.

Whew! At first, I read your Post as saying a few "stonerSOCers" would be meeting up with CenCal, but then - figuring that was redundant - I went back and reread your comment. 

Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.