Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

O' yee of little faith. I was trying to build anticipation and excitement for the event.

The 2019 West Coast gathering will be June 7th, 8th, and 9th.

The host hotel is:

Quality Suites San Luis Obispo
1631 Monterey St., San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Hotel 805-541-5001
www.qualitysuitesslo.com

25 rooms at the rate of $229.00 have been secured for us for this event. You must call and reserve your room before April 29th, 2019. After that there is no guarantee you'll get a room. When you are booking your room tell them it is for the Speedster Owners Group. If you call after that date let them know you're with the group and you may still get the price. If you book and need to cancel later on post it here first and maybe you can transfer the room to someone else.

There is no obligation to stay at the host hotel, it just makes it easier to socialize, mix, mingle, party, drink, or whatever it is you want to do. If you want to stay somewhere else that's fine just make sure you make it there Friday evening to pick up your cruise packets with lunch and dinner tickets, t-shirts, cruise maps, and etc.

I'll be posting more information later regarding t-shirts, Saturday lunch, and the Saturday night dinner.

As always if you'd like to bring an item for the raffle it'd be greatly appreciated.

@Terry Nuckels @MusbJim @Troy Sloan @Teby S @arajani @Ryan (formerly) in NorCal @Theron @Kevin - Bay Area @RacerX @Dan Stewart @majorkahuna @Bob Hampton @Karyadi @Trevor P. @GERD @OCC @goofer @Tom Murtaugh @*LongFella @Fast Eddy @Larry Bull @ChrissyB @Rusty S @I'm Les @Markos @Dave (Speedster "D") Galvan @Newbie Danny @Will Hesch @slofuzz @SLOTUB @Pat Downs @TheMayoMachine @TRP @Barry S (Goofycat) @Napa Paul@Dave Mitchell @RONSTR @Sacto Mitch @sherco_chris @Anthony @BADSPD - Stephen @Dutch @JohnKaufman @VSpyder @Cory McCloskey @PaulEllis @IMDoug @aircooled

I tried to remember everyone's screen names but as I get older I tend to forget things so if I left someone off the list and you remember them send them an @ invite.

I'd like to keep everything regarding the cruise to one thread so let's try not to start multiple ones. If I have to I will repost the hotel information so it stays near the top of the thread. 

Once your hotel is booked send me an email at robert dot mcewen@comcast.net

Last edited by Theron

Booked. June 7-9.

Some notes for others trying to book a room:

• The receptionist did not find "Speedster Owners Group" in the list, but did find "SOG".
  • They said they'd email me a confirmation, but nothing yet.
  • Don't click Robert's email directly. You need to type it in: `robert dot mcewen at comcast dot net` (@Theron can you remove the auto-link to the wrong address for Robert?)
Last edited by Ryan (formerly) in NorCal
Ryan in NorCal posted:

Booked. June 7-9.

Some notes for others trying to book a room:

• The receptionist did not find "Speedster Owners Group" in the list, but did find "SOG".
  • They said they'd email me a confirmation, but nothing yet.
  • Don't click Robert's email directly. You need to type it in: `robert dot mcewen at comcast dot net` (@Theron can you remove the auto-link to the wrong address for Robert?)

I just left the hotel and the group rate is under “SOC”. 

The 2019 West Coast gathering will be June 7th, 8th, and 9th.

The host hotel is:

Quality Suites San Luis Obispo
1631 Monterey St., San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Hotel 805-541-5001
www.qualitysuitesslo.com

25 rooms at the rate of $229.00 have been secured for us for this event. You must call and reserve your room before April 29th, 2019. After that there is no guarantee you'll get a room. When you are booking your room tell them it is for the SOC.  If you call after that date let them know you're with the group and you MIGHT still get the price but is based on availability so book early.  If you book and need to cancel later on post it here first and maybe you can transfer the room to someone else.

There is no obligation to stay at the host hotel, it just makes it easier to socialize, mix, mingle, party, drink or whatever it is you want to do, and keep track of who is attending. If you want to stay somewhere else that's fine just make sure you make it there Friday evening to pick up your cruise packets with lunch and dinner tickets, t-shirts, cruise maps, and etc.

I'll be posting more information later regarding t-shirts, Saturday lunch, and the Saturday night dinner.

As always if you'd like to bring an item for the raffle it'd be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Robert M
Terry Nuckels posted:
Rick99GSX posted:

Sounds great @Terry Nuckels... Now at I know not everyone would be willing to do this... but how about going down route 1 this year? No need to ask @Ryan (formerly) in NorCal as I'm sure I know the answer to that one 

I'm open to that. However, we'll have to put up with those Winnebago bastards 

Last year, I woke up in Monterey on Friday morning for the trip down the 1 (and Nacimiento-Fergusson Rd). Doing the whole trip in one day is very aggressive. I was planning on leaving a day early to get me closer to Monterey again this year.

But aren't you all retired? Take Thursday off from your Bridge Club and join me.

Last edited by Ryan (formerly) in NorCal

I see. With that route and an early start you could be down to Bug Sur by noon. That leg is roughly 4.5-5hrs from us. And it’s only another 3 hrs from Bug Sur to SLO.

I drove 8hrs+ on both days down last year. But I took an adventurous route. And took a thousand photos.

Count me interested. Fair warning, should you let me in the 1-day caravan, I will stop you for photos all the time. The first 4hrs you can race. But once we hit Big Sur all bets are off.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • D22C3BB0-139F-4027-B902-27692DD360C9

If I can join your parade, I'd jump in at Monterey. That many one day hours and miles, in Speedie, does a number on my joints...such that I'd not be able to "rally" on Saturday. Instead, I'd leisurely saunter on down to Monterey Thursday, and spend the night there. I could meet you at the Del Monte Shopping Center Starbucks (Soledad Dr. exit off Hwy #1) - where you might stop for a potty break - and then we'd be off en masse to follow the Yellow Brick Road down #1.

Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.