Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Posting this on several threads to maximize exposure and catch those who are reading through several different threads regarding the SLO Cruise.

SoCal caravan to SLO rendezvous is 10:00 Friday Jun 11th at Topanga Ranch Motel on PCH in Malibu Beach. So far have received confirmation from @OCC and @Speedster Marc. Will leave that location by 10:30 (or possibly earlier) when those two SOCers arrive.

We will arrive at second rendezvous in Camarillo by 11:30 at the McD's on Los Posas, north side of Hwy 101. Usual SOCers at this location are unable to attend. Group from Malibu with top off fuel tanks at this location and continue on to Solvang for rest stop then onto SLO. ETA in SLO is 4:30PM.

@OCC @Speedster Marc @Jon T

@MusbJim I fear I’ve missed you.  I left my house a few minutes later than planned and failed to remember the thickness of pre-pandemic traffic on the 101 heading towards the coast on weekend days.  Thousand Oaks to Camarillo took far longer than I had budgeted.  I rolled in and parked behind McDonalds precisely at 11:30 and not 11:15 or sooner as planned.  After 30 minutes of fighting off a nap, I’m heading back home.  Safe travels and have a blast in SLO.

@Jon T posted:

@MusbJim I fear I’ve missed you.  I left my house a few minutes later than planned and failed to remember the thickness of pre-pandemic traffic on the 101 heading towards the coast on weekend days.  Thousand Oaks to Camarillo took far longer than I had budgeted.  I rolled in and parked behind McDonalds precisely at 11:30 and not 11:15 or sooner as planned.  After 30 minutes of fighting off a nap, I’m heading back home.  Safe travels and have a blast in SLO.

Dang, sorry we missed you @Jon T! Several of the SoCal group got hung up in the LA traffic on the way top Malibu. That delayed our getting to Camarillo by 30 minutes. Arriving in Camarillo at 12:00 we must have just missed you. Bummer!

Hopefully we can coax you to join us (in an empty right seat) for our next SoCal SOC gathering, perhaps to cruise Mulholland above Malibu Beach! I'll keep you posted.

Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.