Skip to main content

I don't know if I will be able to attend this year again. I am leaving on a Route 66 road trip and will be cutting it close in being able to attend.  If I do, it will be in my GMC !  No car yet !  But here's what I have in anticipation of my maiden voyage in my future new Spyder when the next West Coast Cruise happens.

New "Racing Shoes"------New "Steam Punk Racing Hat w/Goggles n Gears"------"Special Racing Shoes Key Fob" (with no key attached yet).............Bruce

Attachments

Images (2)
  • IMG_3723
  • IMG_3725

@jncspyder

Just rode Hwy 1 yesterday Friday 5/7, and it was awesome! Barely any traffic, and all the one-way controlled traffic had no stoppage or if so, minimal. There are large sections that have been recently paved in the last 2 years.

A little windy north of Andrew Molera, but besides that it was clear, no fog yet either.

Campsites are open, as well as shoulders open for parking and pictures.

Is anyone bringing their guitar? Will we hear some sounds of Speedsters V 2.0?

@aircooled posted:

I don't know if I will be able to attend this year again. I am leaving on a Route 66 road trip and will be cutting it close in being able to attend.  If I do, it will be in my GMC !  No car yet !  But here's what I have in anticipation of my maiden voyage in my future new Spyder when the next West Coast Cruise happens.

New "Racing Shoes"------New "Steam Punk Racing Hat w/Goggles n Gears"------"Special Racing Shoes Key Fob" (with no key attached yet).............Bruce

You are looking quite fit Bruce. Whatever you've been doing is working. Keep it up.

@Cory McCloskey is that a photo from a prior West Coast Summer gathering?  Must be a brisk, chilly breeze off that West Coast water.......    Watch out for hail at higher elevations.  

It is, Gordon!  2019.

It was Friday morning, and I departed before dawn from Morro Bay to head north to meet up with Ryan McCarthy so that we could punish our Speedsters on the Old Coast Road that runs inland from Bixby Bridge and pops out on the 1 many miles south. What a morning!

I’m bundled up like I’m flying a Sopwith Camel because I hit the road with temps in the 40s. 🤪

Last edited by Cory McCloskey
@Rick99GSX posted:

Unfortunately we won't be able to make it this year as we will be out of country 😟

I was hoping that we would be back on time but all return flight were full so we will now get back on Saturday. Super bummed that we won't make it.

You WILL be missed! Maybe we can put together a Northern Cal Mini-Cruise this summer either east to the Sierras or west to the Coast?

Hey all. I would support a Tour d' Hoe in late August. I can take care of Hotel arrangements. Probably going back to the Beach Retreat would the best idea. Perhaps you and Ryan can arrange the drive up. For a Saturday drive a loop around the Lake is always great. Also some folks might want to go to Virginia City. The Hot Springs will all be Open in Aug as well. We can do a Saturday Dinner at the Hotel as long as we give them an advance notice.

@Robert M, reservation made. Let's do this!

I'll be bringing my eldest son, and driving down from the Carmel area on Friday for some extra adventures down the coast.

This will be one to remember.

@majorkahuna, August sounds good for Tahoe, but let's do it after Car Week. I'd like to take a trip down to see the classic races on the 7-8th, and the Concourse on the 14-15th.

Last edited by Ryan (formerly) in NorCal

Who’s all coming?

So far I see @Robert M, @Cory McCloskey, @Napa Paul, @curtissb, @OCC, @TheMayoMachine, @SimplifyTALightness, @MusbJim, @Troy Sloan, @jncspyder, @Butcher Boy reporting in.

Where are you at @Teby S@Kevin - Bay Area@Dan Stewart@GERD@goofer@Tom Murtaugh@*LongFella@Fast Eddy@Larry Bull@Rusty S@slofuzz@Dave Mitchell@Sacto Mitch@Dutch@VSpyder@PaulEllis@IMDoug!

@OCC just previewed the swag, and @Robert M is hard at work on the route and schedule. I’m going to print us some nice route books too.

If you’re coming, make sure to let @Robert M know (and so @OCC can make sure there’s enough tshirts and hoodies for us). I requested 5 shirts and two hoodies myself. Very excited for this trip!

Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.