Skip to main content

We are working on getting some merch made up last min @Ryan in NorCal worked up a awesome design and I ran with it into some merch. Im am hopping to pull these off. There is a quick time line and small min I got to do to make happen. Let me know if you might be interested asap so I can pout you down and ideally make it happen. I have estimates on the items.

text or email me for best - 714 928 3438

scott at occsigns.com

Hoodies -$35ea

Shirts $15-20ea

Lanyards $3-4ea

Im not sure If I got every one but will post in the 2 caravans forms to.

@MusbJim @Ryan in NorCal  @Robert M @Tom Murtaugh @Cory McCloskey @*LongFella @Dave Mitchell @VSpyder @Terry Nuckels @TheMayoMachine @GERD @MusbJim @Karyadi @Troy Sloan @Teby S @IMDoug @Rick99GSX @Dan Stewart @Speedster Marc @Ryan (formerly) in NorCal  @montereybrian @Todd M @Markos

Attachments

Images (1)
  • soc

West Coast Cruise 2021 details, all in one place:

RSVP: @Robert M (robertDOTmcewen@comcastDOTnet)

Merch Orders: @OCC (scott at occsigns.com or text 714 928 3438 to make sure he prints enough!)

Friday, June 11 — 4pm - 8pm — Check-in, Reception
Quality Suites Downtown San Luis Obispo
1631 Monterey St., San Luis Obispo, CA, 93401, US
(805) 242-0269
(Likely sold out by now, but group rate for Speedster Owners Club was $229.)

Getting to San Luis Obispo:
NorCal Caravan Thread — 12pm Chevron, Carmel-by-the-Sea
SoCal Caravan Thread — 10am Topanga Ranch Motel, Malibu Beach

Saturday, June 12 — Cruise Starts at 9am @Veteran's Hall, SLO ⛽️ Fuel up first!

Sunday, June 13 - Check-out (by noon)

Make sure to get your merch orders in to Scott (@OCC) right away!

soc

(Please let me know if I missed something... the above is as much for me as for you.)

Attachments

Images (1)
  • soc
Last edited by Ryan (formerly) in NorCal
@R Thorpe posted:

It’s graduation weekend at Cal Poly no rooms left.

That's rough. It looks like there are still some options with AirBnB, VRBO, and HotelTonight. Here's one on HotelTonight at Vagabond Inn San Luis Obispo.

A few years back I even slept in a vineyard. Where there's a will, there's a way!

6-sunrise-2(Seriously. This was my view from my hammock.)

Last edited by Ryan (formerly) in NorCal

********UPDATE********

I have found a place willing to host us outdoors. After our morning drive through the Paso robles countryside we will end up at California Coast Brewing Company. This is a great local brewery with a good selection of beers. On the same property is a tasting room for wines. A local restaurant, La Reyna, will be on site serving food as they do every weekend. They will be there an hour earlier just for us. They serve a selection of tacos, quesadillas, burritos, or plates. Sides of beans and rice are also available. No money is needed up front as you will pay them directly. If tasty Mexican food isn't up to the standards of your advanced palette you can walk to The Backyard. This is a local eatery that serves burgers. However, I'd like to support the establishment that is willing to host us.

We'll hang out there from about 11:00-12:30/1:00 depending on how it's going. The second half will be a bit more driving than the first but we'll head up into the coastal mountains, down into Cambria, take a drive along Moonstone Beach Dr, and the crowd favorite drive back to the hotel along picturesque Hwy 1. No second stop at any of the wineries as they all require a reservation and no groups larger than what fits into a couple Speedsters.

Hey I can confirm that La Reyna is quality, and they car people too. They delivered us food at a PR car show once (wife also knows the owner).

CC Brewing Co (calcoastbeer.com) is a great little spot. Good choice Rob. They have flights, crowlers to go, and a decent variety on the menu. Pretty good looking merch too with the bear on the logo.

No off street parking at the brewing co., can we rope off a special section of the curbside? Any permits for that??? The surrounding streets can be busy but I'm always able to find a spot not too far away. Downtown is busy again and it's good to see.

-Marcel

Hey Ryan,

Sure! If y'all think it's okay, maybe I can talk to the staff and hash out an idea? I have some orange cones I can offer and then pick 'em up at the end of the day.

If we get the upfront parking it will make for some great social media posts for their biz.  I'll see what's up.

I’ve been in email conversations with Martha who is one of the owners. Her husband is Rich. If you go by there ask to speak to one of them and mention the Speedster Owners Group and we’re coming on the 12th. The art store lot is to the south and the lot owned by their friend is to the north. Rich offered to block off street parking last year before we cancelled.

Unfortunately we are not going to be able to make it this year.  Work, life, and mechanical updates to our VS are too much to overcome this year.

I hope the Tour d'hoe happens though as we need a drive and social gathering to bring back a sense of normalcy!

On that note: we have a reservation at the Quality Inn and Suites in SLO at the discounted rate.  As I understand it some members are having difficulty getting a room for the week-end.  If anyone wants to assume my reservation I'm sure the hotel would honor the change.  If you want the room PM me ASAP and I will gladly turn it over if possible. 

I will need to cancel by mid-morning Thursday June 10 so don't delay!

Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.