Skip to main content

I have reached out to Quality Inn & Suites SLO regarding a 2021 West Coast SOC gathering. The hotel is currently operating and offering all of their usual amenities, albeit, all of them are taking place outdoors. This means they serve breakfast and dinner but all seating is outdoors. I am still waiting on a response to my question regarding the use of the breakfast room for a dinner. If restrictions aren't lifted by the time we have our event I don't see us having an organized dinner, it'd be more of an "every person for themselves" type of thing. I'm assuming we'd be too loud to have our raffle outside as well. Frivolity be damned.

Because of the uncertainty of things I will limit the planning of this event, at this time, to the blocking of rooms at the hotel and organizing a drive with a lunch stop at an outdoor venue that serves food. The hotel does serve bbq food on the patio every night so we could still get food from the hotel and eat outside in our small groups, much like we do on Friday evening, while we all partake of adult beverages and get caught up on our lives.

At this time I have secured 20 rooms at the rate of $229.00 per night for the weekend of June 11th-13th. Check in on the 11th and check out on the morning of the 13th. In the past if you've wanted to check out on the Monday following the event they will give you special pricing.

I did ask about the first weekend in June but as of now there is a wedding group that weekend. HOWEVER, they may cancel/reschedule and if we want the first weekend we can get that one instead. I'll keep everyone posted.

Quality Suites Downtown San Luis Obispo

1631 Monterey St., San Luis Obispo, CA, 93401, US

Phone (805) 242-0269

https://www.qualitysuitesslo.com

Call the hotel directly and reference the Speedster Owners. After that please email me at robert(dot)mcewen(at)comcast.net to let me know you are planning on going.

At this point I don't see the need to spend time designing t-shirts or any other labor or time intensive organizing in case we have to cancel the event.

Bottom line, we might all still be able to get together, talk, drink, drive, and enjoy each other's company.

If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space!

Last edited by Robert M
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.