Skip to main content

The 2022 West Coast Cruise to be held the weekend of June 3rd-5th. This is so we're not all the way into the third week of June due to the heat and Cal Poly SLO is graduating the second weekend and there aren't any rooms available.

I have reserved 25 rooms at the rate of $229.00 per night for a King Size Suite. There will be more information to follow regarding a dinner and raffle. The hotel is not sure yet if we can use the breakfast room as we have in the past. I'll keep the post updated as more information comes in.

Hotel:

Quality Suites Downtown San Luis Obispo
1631 Monterey St., San Luis Obispo, CA, 93401, US
(805) 242-0269
Ask for the SOC Group Rate

If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space!

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

@Robert M posted:

The 2022 West Coast Cruise to be held the weekend of June 3rd-5th. This is so we're not all the way into the third week of June due to the heat and Cal Poly SLO is graduating the second weekend and there aren't any rooms available.

I have reserved 25 rooms at the rate of $229.00 per night for a King Size Suite. There will be more information to follow regarding a dinner and raffle. The hotel is not sure yet if we can use the breakfast room as we have in the past. I'll keep the post updated as more information comes in.

Hotel:

Quality Suites Downtown San Luis Obispo
1631 Monterey St., San Luis Obispo, CA, 93401, US
(805) 242-0269
Ask for the SOC Group Rate

I’ll post more information later regarding a lunch on the day of the drive and what the dinner plans will be. Also, I’ll let you know what the land will be for collecting monies etc.

PM me or send me an email when you sign up. My email is robertdotmcewenatcomcastdotnet.

I look forward to the "Assembly of the Knuckleheads' Clan" at the hotel's lemonade stand Friday by 5PM. Once again, if Hwy-1 is open and available to Clown Cars, I'll be driving south from Carmel-by-the-Sea at ~12PM. If anyone wants to join in and convoy, let me know (plwincataoldotcom).  Just pray for good weather, no wildfires, no landslides, and gas under $5/gallon!

@OCC posted:

Im glad I looked. @Ryan (formerly) in NorCal its time! and I been up in sac every other week right now. @*LongFella you cant miss this one! Thank you  @Robert M  let mw know what you need to help! @Tom Murtaugh you bettter be there this year! @Speedster Marc look forward you guys coming up with us this year not solo!

Yeah man! If I can get this Coupe finished in time, we will be there for sure

Howdy friends, do you need more 2022 route research locally? I went down See Canyon Rd neat Avila Beach, it's a great one but unfortunately a dead end. Kelsey Winery I can recommend as a very friendly spot but no food. Speaking of food, what about a food truck? I talked to one because they often serve the winery crowd and can meet us where we decide to stop. I can try to collect more business cards and talk to the owners - Marcel

@*LongFella posted:

Actually, calling the hotel and using the "SOC Group Rate" was a pain in my a#$. Was on hold, they dropped the call, called back, put on hold again... took another 15 mins...

@Robert M - You sure that is the "code" they look up in their systems?? They even looked up my past reservations to find it...

Maybe it is a sign to pass again this year... LOL!

You're not getting out that easy Brian. Get your a$$ out to the garage and get the coupe finished. You'll need a couple weeks to work out the glitches so plan to finish it in May.

Ok guys, reservation was made! If you want to avoid the hassle that you will very likely experience with the reservation process, make sure you use option 2 when you call (805) 242-0269. This will take you directly to the hotel and bypass their central appointment line which has no clue about our group rate. Hope this helps!

2022 West Coast Cruise update:

Attendance is low the moment with only 10 people having made reservations. The deadline is May 6th, 2022 after that you'll pay the full rate.

This year's event will be similar to last year's event with it being a more intimate affair with a lot of time spent around the fire pit.

I'd still like to have a raffle albeit smaller than we've done in the past.

Working on a route still and will make a trip to Atascadero to scope out a locale for a lunch stop. Whatever happens we will still be together, will get in a nice drive, spend time breaking bread and hanging out together.

@Robert M posted:

2022 West Coast Cruise update:

Attendance is low the moment with only 10 people having made reservations. The deadline is May 6th, 2022 after that you'll pay the full rate.

This year's event will be similar to last year's event with it being a more intimate affair with a lot of time spent around the fire pit.

I'd still like to have a raffle albeit smaller than we've done in the past.

Working on a route still and will make a trip to Atascadero to scope out a locale for a lunch stop. Whatever happens we will still be together, will get in a nice drive, spend time breaking bread and hanging out together.

Well, you might be down one family if I don't get the Coupe back. At this rate, I probably won't have enough time to finish it...

@MusbJim and I dropped off the Coupe at the end of November

Sounds a bit like last year's attendance, but while the attendance may be lower than usual (for a number of reasons beyond our control) it is alway a great time gathering with our knucklehead SOC friends.

Here's a link to what a great time we had on West Coast Cruise 2021 in SLO...

SLO2021

https://vimeo.com/568198567

Looking forward to seeing our gearhead friends in SLO!

@Robert M @Ryan (formerly) in NorCal @Napa Paul @OCC @SimplifyTALightness @Speedster Marc @Kevin - Bay Area @Rick99GSX @majorkahuna @Sacto Mitch @Tom Murtaugh@Dan Stewart @Karyadi @Larry Bull @goofer @GERD @*LongFella @Fast Eddy@curtissb @TheMayoMachine @Rusty S @slofuzz @Dave Mitchell @Dutch @VSpyder@Cory McCloskey @PaulEllis @IMDoug @aircooled

Attachments

Images (1)
  • SLO2021

And, honestly, out of sight out of mind It doesn't even phase me anymore when I go into my garage and don't see the Coupe.

My excitement is gone and my motivation to even finish this thing is gone at this point. I'm very close to just scrapping this Coupe idea and putting the money into something else.

I started this idea in July of 2017. Brought the pan home in September 2017... I'm over hearing about a waiting list... I've been on it almost 5 years

@MusbJim posted:

@*LongFella

DANG, Brian! I was wondering about the status of your white coupe.

Hopefully if you can hang in there a bit longer perhaps things may change. I'm sure that when you finally get that bad boy back, you will be glad you hung in there. At least you have that outrageuous Porsche GT3 parked in your garage to ease the pain.

I do enjoy driving that one (it is a 2021 GT4 just to clarify)

PEOPLE OF EARTH!!!...and you SoCal SOCers.

4 weeks to 2022 West Coast  Cruise. Just getting a feel for how many will be joining the traditional caravan to SLO West Coast Cruise. Meet and depart from the usual Malibu Beach rendezvous on Pacific Coast Hwy.

RE:      SoCal Caravan to SLO / 2022 West Coast Cruise

DATE:   Friday -  June 3rd

PLACE:   Topanga Ranch Motel, 18711 Pacific Coast Hwy, Malibu Beach 90265

TIME:     10:00 AM.     DEPART:   10:30AM

Also, please holler if you will be at the McDonalds rendezvous in Camarillo (11:30AM) to join this caravan.  Please chime in so we know who to expect and not leave anyone behind.

@OCC  @Speedster Marc @Tom Murtaugh @Dan Stewart @Karyadi @Larry Bull @goofer @GERD @*LongFella @Fast Eddy @Dutch @VSpyder @Cory McCloskey @PaulEllis @IMDoug @aircooled

@MusbJim posted:

PEOPLE OF EARTH!!!...and you SoCal SOCers.

4 weeks to 2022 West Coast  Cruise. Just getting a feel for how many will be joining the traditional caravan to SLO West Coast Cruise. Meet and depart from the usual Malibu Beach rendezvous on Pacific Coast Hwy.

RE:      SoCal Caravan to SLO / 2022 West Coast Cruise

DATE:   Friday -  June 3rd

PLACE:   Topanga Ranch Motel, 18711 Pacific Coast Hwy, Malibu Beach 90265

TIME:     10:00 AM.     DEPART:   10:30AM

Also, please holler if you will be at the McDonalds rendezvous in Camarillo (11:30AM) to join this caravan.  Please chime in so we know who to expect and not leave anyone behind.

@OCC  @Speedster Marc @Tom Murtaugh @Dan Stewart @Karyadi @Larry Bull @goofer @GERD @*LongFella @Fast Eddy @Dutch @VSpyder @Cory McCloskey @PaulEllis @IMDoug @aircooled

Yo! As of now, we still have our Hotel room booked and calendar blocked.

I just got a few pics of my coupe and it is still at Greg's shop. Judging by all the cloud9 speedster being pumped out, I doubt I'll get my coupe back in time (he has had it since November 2021).

Bummed to say the least, but it doesn't look like it will line up this year for us unless some miracle happens and I can get the coupe back to finish it up...

Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.