Skip to main content

@MusbJim posted:

PEOPLE OF EARTH!!!...and you SoCal SOCers.

4 weeks to 2022 West Coast  Cruise. Just getting a feel for how many will be joining the traditional caravan to SLO West Coast Cruise. Meet and depart from the usual Malibu Beach rendezvous on Pacific Coast Hwy.

RE:      SoCal Caravan to SLO / 2022 West Coast Cruise

DATE:   Friday -  June 3rd

PLACE:   Topanga Ranch Motel, 18711 Pacific Coast Hwy, Malibu Beach 90265

TIME:     10:00 AM.     DEPART:   10:30AM

Also, please holler if you will be at the McDonalds rendezvous in Camarillo (11:30AM) to join this caravan.  Please chime in so we know who to expect and not leave anyone behind.

@OCC  @Speedster Marc @Tom Murtaugh @Dan Stewart @Karyadi @Larry Bull @goofer @GERD @*LongFella @Fast Eddy @Dutch @VSpyder @Cory McCloskey @PaulEllis @IMDoug @aircooled

Thanks for organizing the SoCal Caravan @MusbJim.  I'm in!

Also to @Rick99GSX for Option 2...Reservation took less than 5 minutes!

As many of you know I took care of a life long physical aliment in early December. It is know as a Club Foot and you may have know someone with the defect. In Troy the treatment involved knocking the childs head against the rocks and throwing the body in the river. Today It involves cleaning out all the crap in the foot and ankle, repositioning the components for proper stance and balance, and insertion of 25 screws and a titanium bar bent from the ankle and running up the calf. I was born with a Club Foot which today is occurs in every 1000 births or so. Jon Rahm currently the #2 golfer in the world has the anomaly. Surgery today is very good at correcting the abnormality and leading most folks to a somewhat normal life. Im my day it was more akin to Forrest Gump. I have never let it stop me from doing anything but I could never excel at baseball etc. due to slow running. Since the ankle is not needed in skiing I am an expert skier but not at the moment. Recognizing it is a very difficult surgery I planned on a 6 month recovery window. Now at the deadline I still cannot drive and continue to suffer a lot of pain. I will continue to look forward to next year and perhaps try to put on a Tour d Ho. in Sept. We have a new Hampton Inn opening soon so they might be very accommodating as I helped grease the skids with the City Council. Ryan are you interested in doing the trip planning. My only thought was a drive to Virginia City then back down Geiger Grade and returning to Lake Tahoe over Mt. Rose. Have a great time all you Knuckleheads!

@majorkahuna posted:

As many of you know I took care of a life long physical aliment in early December. It is know as a Club Foot and you may have know someone with the defect. In Troy the treatment involved knocking the childs head against the rocks and throwing the body in the river. Today It involves cleaning out all the crap in the foot and ankle, repositioning the components for proper stance and balance, and insertion of 25 screws and a titanium bar bent from the ankle and running up the calf. I was born with a Club Foot which today is occurs in every 1000 births or so. Jon Rahm currently the #2 golfer in the world has the anomaly. Surgery today is very good at correcting the abnormality and leading most folks to a somewhat normal life. Im my day it was more akin to Forrest Gump. I have never let it stop me from doing anything but I could never excel at baseball etc. due to slow running. Since the ankle is not needed in skiing I am an expert skier but not at the moment. Recognizing it is a very difficult surgery I planned on a 6 month recovery window. Now at the deadline I still cannot drive and continue to suffer a lot of pain. I will continue to look forward to next year and perhaps try to put on a Tour d Ho. in Sept. We have a new Hampton Inn opening soon so they might be very accommodating as I helped grease the skids with the City Council. Ryan are you interested in doing the trip planning. My only thought was a drive to Virginia City then back down Geiger Grade and returning to Lake Tahoe over Mt. Rose. Have a great time all you Knuckleheads!

Take care, my friend! I'm wonderin', though, what's the estimated recovery time for the "Troy treatment"?  That's, of course, after getting to the shore and drying off.  

Jim and Robert,  I've had rough patch health wise which ended up with a pace maker and I just am recovering from COVID.

While recovering from the heart stuff my son in law helped me update the headlights and in stall a GPS speedo. All dressed up and no central coast.

Wish you all the best and hope to be there next year.

Larry Bull

@MusbJim posted:

4 weeks to 2022 West Coast  Cruise. Just getting a feel for how many will be joining the traditional caravan to SLO West Coast Cruise. Meet and depart from the usual Malibu Beach rendezvous on Pacific Coast Hwy.

Also, please holler if you will be at the McDonalds rendezvous in Camarillo (11:30AM) to join this caravan.  Please chime in so we know who to expect and not leave anyone behind.

@OCC  @Speedster Marc @Tom Murtaugh @Dan Stewart @Karyadi @Larry Bull @goofer @GERD @*LongFella @Fast Eddy @Dutch @VSpyder @Cory McCloskey @PaulEllis @IMDoug @aircooled

Jim - I plan to meet the caravan in Camarillo and drive with the group for the next leg, then head back home from there (Carpenteria?). I have a few goodies to give you for the raffle.  Please remind me which McDonalds?   Looking forward to it!

Last edited by Jon T

@goofer - Larry, sorry to hear that you've been hit hard by those health issues but glad to know you're on the road to recovery. Wishing you continued good health and hope our paths soon cross again!

@*LongFella - Brian, I know you're disappointed by nothing having your coupe completed, but let me know when it is done and we'll scare up a few SOCers for it's shade-down cruise. Hope to see you at the Malibu rendezvous in the GT4.

@Jon T - Jon, glad to hear you'll join us at our Camarillo lunch/gas stop. We will be at the McDonalds on the Los Posas exit (60 W. Daily Dr. Camarillo). It is just north of the 101, turn left at Daily Dr (Mobil Station on the corner). We should be arriving there by 11:30. My cell is (9four9) 2nine4 - six3zero2.

@Tom Murtaugh and @Karyadi might also be joining us at Malibu. If so, we will probably have 8 or 9 cars at the Camarillo/McD location and from there leave that parking lot around 12:30 back onto the 101 northbound. @Jon T, once past Ventura, we will exit 101 onto the beach exit and cruise along the beach for a few miles and get back on just past Rincon Beach (popular surf spot). Jon, you could jump on 101 South at that point. That will be about 30 miles back to the Camarillo (Los Posas).

Last edited by MusbJim
@MusbJim posted:

Gort Klatu berada nichto...

Attachments

Images (1)
  • mceclip0

As this is comes with very sad news but I dont think I will be able to make it this year. We have gained to many new fair contracts and I cant keep uo with our expansion. It could be worse but this isnt cool. Sd fair open 6 and I dont think its going to be possible. Im trying to get my pops to take my ride and join. I am exciting to share the news of my newest addition to my family the 2022 cayenne coupe GTS which should be here soon to newports

TopangRanchPEOPLE OF EARTH!!!...and you SoCal SOCers.

SoCal Caravan to 2022 West Coast Cruise this Friday.  Meet and depart from the usual Malibu Beach rendezvous on Pacific Coast Hwy.

So far, the Malibu group will be;  @MusbJim, @Speedster Marc, @NTrav, @Tom Murtaugh (possible) @Karyadi (possible).

Camarillo rendezvous: @Jon T

Attachments

Images (1)
  • TopangRanch
Last edited by MusbJim

I, too, will depart American Canyon on Thursday at noon and stay the night in Carmel. From past experience, I believe the best "meeting and starting" place for the trek south on the PCH Friday would be the Carmel-By-The-Sea Chevron station at Rio Road and Hwy-1. If anyone/everyone interested in joining the Knuckleheads' Convoy gets there by 11:00am...that should give us all enough time to gas-up, coffee-up (Starbucks across the street), pee, and be outa there @ 12:00noon. The Quality Suites Downtown SLO is only 131 miles "downhill", so barring Murphy and his Law we should be standing at the Hospitality bar no later than 4:00pm.

To quote C.W. McCall:

It was the dark of the moon

On the sixth of June

In a Kenworth pulling logs

Cabover Pete with a reefer on

And a Jimmy haulin’ hogs

We was heading’ for bear

On I 1-0

’Bout a mile out to Shakey Town

I says, “Pig Pen, this here’s the Rubber Duck…and I’m about to put the hammer down”

Cause we got a little ole convoy

Rockin’ through the night…

Last edited by TheMayoMachine

Friday kicks off the weekend and as usual we'll meet out on the patio round the fire pits and enjoy some adult beverages or other liquid refreshments for those not partial to the spirited drinks.

The route has been planned and will include a lunch stop at Wild Fields Brewery and restaurant. They recently were awarded 4 Gold Medals for their different entries and they have a great menu with some very tasty food. I was just there recently to try out the cuisine and I was pleased with my choices. The hotel won't let us use the breakfast room due to COVID protocols but as in the past they have food on the patio we can eat. Jim and I will also go down the street to the pizza place and pick up some pizzas to bring back to the hotel patio like last year.

Napa Paul would still like to host a raffle so bring something to the raffle to share. So if you want to take part in that bring something to put on the table for the raffle.

@MusbJim @Rick99GSX @SimplifyTALightness @TheMayoMachine @Napa Paul @Speedster Marc @Troy Sloan @NTrav

As I am without a Speedster now Nancy and I are looking for some right seats to sit in for the drive. She has said she'll just go shopping if she doesn't find a seat though. She's always willing to take one for the team and sacrifice when needed. Anyway, we'll see you there if you're going.

Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.