Skip to main content

2023 West Coast Cruise Details

The 2023 West Coast Cruise will the weekend of June 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, 2023. The Host Hotel will once again be Quality Inn & Suites with their infamous Manager's Special every evening from 5:30PM-7:00PM. Room rates are $229.00 Friday night and Saturday night and if you want to stay Sunday night the rate drops to $149.00.

There are 15 rooms blocked off and the deadline to sign-up with the hotel is May 1st, 2023. After that regular room rates apply.

We will be able to use the breakfast lounge for our dinner and I am still working on making arrangements for a caterer. I'm looking to bring someone in to cook onsite or a local restaurant who can deliver enough food to feed our group.

If a caterer is lined up and the prices meet our needs I'll let everyone know and they can send me the money the old fashioned way via a check in the mail or the more modern method of PayPal, Venmo, ApplePay, or Zelle if you're trying to hide your money from the government.

Also, plan to bring a raffle prize for the raffle. It doesn't have to be car related but if you have a nice bottle of wine, spirits, t-shirt, poster, or etc that would be appreciated.

Quality Inn & Suites

1631 Monterey Street San Luis Obispo, CA 93401

(805) 242-0269

Please call the hotel directly and reference group code SOC 2023

Respond back here once you're signed up so I know who's coming.

If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space!

Last edited by Robert M
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

@LBoogie posted:

@Robert M Thank you for organizing this! Videos and pics that I've seen from previous cruises showcase great drives, peoples, and memories.

Still unsure if I'll be in town those dates, but if I am, I'll definitely try to make it. I should know relatively soon. Penny needs a playdate, considering how sad she's been in the garage during STORMWATCH MEGADOPPLER 320000 2023!!!

We'd love to have you. Hopefully it all works out and you can make it.

Last edited by Robert M

"Huh...uninvited already...?!"  - @NTrav  Bwaaaa, you funny!

@jncspyder Hey Jimbo, hope you can join the shenanigans!

@Robert C Reynolds - Robert, heads up. Hope you can join us.

Ginny and I are definitely in. Making reservations tonight. Looking forward to catching up with our knucklehead SOC friends.

As a reminder, this event is not just for our replicars. It's basically a Run What You Brung event, so if you're without your 356 clown-car, just bring your other favorite ride. Just to get the West Coast Cruise stoke going, here's a visual reminder of the good times in store...

Last edited by MusbJim

@MusbJim - I’ve been dragging my feet about making reservations because of likely conflicts, and , well, I’ve got conflicts.

I would however like to do what I did last year and meet the caravan in Camarillo on Friday and ride with you guys through Ventura before I peel off and return home.  Please let me know if the meeting place is the same and your guess as to approximate arrival time.

Thanks!

20230525_16434220230525_164431We got a bit of a road block with the Spyder. As I was getting ready to check the lifters as part of the routine maintenance and to diagnose a misfire I found the Crank Bolt to be loose 🤦‍♂️... It damaged the Crank Trigger wheel, the pulley and the Crank Trigger. I'll be calling CB in the morning to see if they can expedite the parts but it's possible that I may not have enough time to get her fixed and retuned before we leave for SLO.

In case we can fix her we will still go down, instead of a Spyder we will bring the cat 👀

Attachments

Images (2)
  • 20230525_164342
  • 20230525_164431
Last edited by Rick99GSX
Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.