Skip to main content

I just looked at the site map for the club and I was stunned. 204 members in Florida, second only to California at north of 800, and I am aware of less than 10 Speedsters actually on the road in Florida. There has to be more.

Where are you guy and your cars (assuming many of you have cars)?

With that number of members we ought to be able to pull together some sort of event. Add the folks from adjoining states, Alabama and Georgia, and that makes 275  members so we could have something going on!

Bob

Last edited by Panhandle Bob
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hey Bob @Panhandle Bob,

I’m still here.  Been swamped with building a house, selling a house, putting tools and toys in storage and now building a new workshop.  Things will settle down in about 45 days and I can get back on my coupe build and posting pics.  I’d love to help coordinate a FL get together. Maybe we can coordinate with a VW event up in the panhandle or North Central FL.  

Stephen

We've had maybe 4 Speedster guys show up at the annual Sept Niceville Bugs on the Bayou Bob G/Jodi77/Jim A/Mark T and myself.  Ah, only Speedster was Bob's though - rest are being held in reserve!  No speedster has actually been entered for judging. It really is a decent event. I'll add it to Events! There is also a big VW event in Panama City in April put on by Rare Air VW Club.  Both are not far off I-10 in Panhandle/NW FL - so close to AL/MS borders too. FL it turns out is a huge state - 7 hrs from me to Tamps, Miami must be a good 12 hrs.

Picture

Date: Saturday September 21, 2019

Registration is 8–11. Judging begins 11:00.  Awards ceremony at 2:30.
Dash Plaques for first 75 entries & trophies for the top 10 vehicles.

Last edited by WOLFGANG

Thank you Wolfgang......We have no idea exactly when we will do that leg of the trip yet.  Susan is to visit friends in Miami while I help an old friend put his home back together after it caved in from Detroit, termites, carpenter beetles n ants. He can't tell a load bearing wall from the roof so I'll be guiding him in how to shore up and replace some 4" X 16" X 16' beams. Once it's safe, were outta there and headed on a little R & R.  I will keep in touch by PM though so you know ahead what and when were in your area. As you know we're also looking at real estate along the way. I would enjoy and look forward to meeting you and others in that area...............Bruce

Hey Greg @WOLFGANG,  I wish I had known the date for Bugs on Bayou a few weeks ago. I have committed to help move family that weekend in Atlanta. When is the Panama City event?  One of these days, we will get to meet. The largest event closest to me is the Bug Jam in Dade City. It’s November 9th and 10th. I plan on attending. 

Bruce @aircooled, I am only 45 minutes north of Crystal River. Just drove through on the way back from Tampa yesterday. Could meet up for lunch down there if you have some time. PM me. 

Stephen

I think the VW Panama City event is in April.  There is also an Apalachicola Antique Boat Show and Classic Car Show also in April.  It got rained out last year with threats of Apalachicola being under water - I had reservations but cancelled.  It's mostly classic American cars - the Oysters and Oyster Brewing Company make up for that.

Hasil gambar untuk Antique & Classic Boats & Cars

https://festivalnet.com/18508/...and-Classic-Car-Show

Panhandle Bob, I'm in Rockledge Florida.  My speedy, Ruby, left me for another person but pleased to keep in touch via SOC.   If not for Ruby I wouldn't have met and cruised with PEPESPEED and Daniel.  Daniel's speedy burned up so he moved to South Africa.  Funny that PEPESPEED burned his car first then bought Rich's speed monster.  I replaced Ruby with a Ghia.  A cars and coffee cruise with the local boys is still on my list.    

Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.