Skip to main content

Classified postings do not allow for discussion (replies are not allowed).  Direct message the member if you would like to discuss the item.
The Classified section is open to any individual (non-commercial firms) posting of items for sale. Members posting commercial advertisements must be enrolled in a Supporting Merchant program. 
Postings without relevant details (PRICE, location, condition, etc.) will be deleted.

Hello

First. 

Just to be clear. Yes this is my first post. Several years ago when I owned a Beck 550 I spent a lot of time on this site. I also received a lot of help and info from this forum during that time. 

Fast forward a few years. This motor has been sitting for six months after my friend purchased it installed it and then removed it. It is just too fast for him and he now wants something that looks more authentic. I was thinking of putting it on samba but after looking at the site again after a few years concluded it's not what it used to be. Then I remembered speedsterowners...so here I am 

The motor had 4000 miles on it when we purchased it. All of those miles are by the builder himself. It still has 4000 miles on it plus maybe 5 miles max. 

It went in he drove it turned around and said " no way ". 

I have pictures of the motor that I can email to interested parties. I can also take any additional pictures that may be requested. 

Shipping available at your expense. Happy to help arrange. 

I will guarantee the motors condition if the following is carried out. 

The motor will need to be inspected by an experienced shop. Any issues will need to be relayed to me via the shop. I trust people but I have seen some really bad ideas carried out and mistakes made(including my own) and can't guarantee a motor that the kid down the road installed for beer money and forgot to put oil in.

That said $4500 

The top picture is as we received it. 

2110cc Super Motor --
Genuine Weber 48mm IDA Carburetors
w/ 3rd Hole Progression Circuit Mod, 27mm Venturis
Match porting & precision balancing.
All New Parts and Hardware Throughout
Aluminum Raised Roof Shuffle Pinned Super Case
76mm Forged One-Piece 4140 Chromoly Crankshaft
5.400" H-Beam Chromoly Super Race Rods
94mm Forged Mahle Pistons 
Total Seal Gapless 2nd Rings
Teflon Wrist Pin Buttons
044 Super Mag Heads -- 40x35.5 Valves
Duel Hi-Rev Valve Springs, CNC Ported w/ Match Port Manifolds
Ceramic-Coated Piston Tops, Valves, Chambers & Exhaust Ports
.060" Copper Head Gaskets
WebCam Camshaft, Grind #163
Duel Thrust Cam Bearings
Scat Lube-A-Lobe Lifters
Chromoly Pushrods
Pauter Billet Roller-Tipped 1.3 Ratio Rocker Assemblies
8mm Chromoly Head Studs
CSP Aluminum O-Ringed Bolt-On Valve Covers
Straight Cut Cam Gears
Crankshaft Racing Spacer
Schadeck 26mm Aluminum Full-Flow Oil Pump
Billet Full-Flow Oil Pump Cover
3.5 Qrt Deep Sump w/ Welded Pickup
Billet Aluminum Sump Plate w/ Magnetic Drain Plug
External Full-Flow Oil Filter and Thermostat Controlled Oil Cooler
CSP Throttle Linkage
Vertex Magneto w/ Billet Clamp
Center-Mount Fan Shroud
Porsche Style Breather Tower
Serpentine Belt Assembly
Polished 55 amp Alternator
Lightened Flywheel
36mm 4130 Chromoly Gland Nut
Kennedy Stage 1 Clutch Package
Rotating Assembly Balanced to Within 1/10 of a Gram / Extremely Smooth
Heads and Deck CC'd to 8.5:1 Compression Ratio

Attachments

Images (3)
Last edited by Ruf911
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

While it's an interesting (and probably very fast) engine, there are some things I wouldn't do- the centermount shroud will not cool both cylinder banks evenly and the dual cannons are not a performance exhaust, for starters. The IDA's do not have the best float design for a car that likes to corner and with the tall aircleaners will not fit in a Speedster; heck, just the carbs and the tall manifolds may not fit, let alone with any aircleaners. The cooler over the fan intake just preheats the incoming cooling air, so it would have to be mounted somewhere else. I'm leery of the lube a lobe lifters and Teflon wrist pin buttons....

The picture at the top is as we received the motor. The builder was a "trike" guy hence the exhaust, the tall air cleaners, and the brake light mounted to the shroud. 

Also this we installed this in a spyder so in terms of clearance in a speedster I can not comment. I agree with the above regarding the cooler. I would have moved it and run an electric fan on it. 

I must use disagree however about the IDA carbs not cornering well. 

My Miura P400 runs four 40 IDA 3 and several of my 911's have basically the same carb though only two not four. 

Either way.....thanks for the input. 

Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.