Skip to main content

Classified postings do not allow for discussion (replies are not allowed).  Direct message the member if you would like to discuss the item.
The Classified section is open to any individual (non-commercial firms) posting of items for sale. Members posting commercial advertisements must be enrolled in a Supporting Merchant program. 
Postings without relevant details (PRICE, location, condition, etc.) will be deleted.

Before buying my car I bought a bunch of reference books. I am offering the collection for sale at 60% off suggested retail. I pay the postage. No, I won't split the collection, sorry, all or nothing. For you detail oriented guys these books have loads of photos. Guaranteed to be in like-new condition.

Here are the titles:

PORSCHE RACING MILESTONES, 356 TO 962 by Hal Thoms
PORSCHE 356 & RS SPYDERS, by Gordon Maltby
PORSCHE 356, THE STORY OF THE FLAT-FOUR PORSCHES by David G. Styles
PORSCHE 356 & 550, A PICTORIAL HISTORY by Henry Rasmussen
PORSCHE 356, A PICTORIAL HISTORY by Dr. Brett Johnson
PORSCHE 356 COUPE, CABRIOLOT, ROADSTER, SPEEDSTER & CARRERA by Denis Jenkinson
PORSCHE 356 by Stefano Pasini

Erik
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Before buying my car I bought a bunch of reference books. I am offering the collection for sale at 60% off suggested retail. I pay the postage. No, I won't split the collection, sorry, all or nothing. For you detail oriented guys these books have loads of photos. Guaranteed to be in like-new condition.

Here are the titles:

PORSCHE RACING MILESTONES, 356 TO 962 by Hal Thoms
PORSCHE 356 & RS SPYDERS, by Gordon Maltby
PORSCHE 356, THE STORY OF THE FLAT-FOUR PORSCHES by David G. Styles
PORSCHE 356 & 550, A PICTORIAL HISTORY by Henry Rasmussen
PORSCHE 356, A PICTORIAL HISTORY by Dr. Brett Johnson
PORSCHE 356 COUPE, CABRIOLOT, ROADSTER, SPEEDSTER & CARRERA by Denis Jenkinson
PORSCHE 356 by Stefano Pasini

Erik
Tim and/or others interested: I haven't figured my actual selling price but what I will do is go to Amazon. The suggested retail prices are listed (but remember, RETAIL and not after their discount) and will subtract 60%. Easy. I believe Amazon sells all but maybe one of the books. I will do this later today and post a price. This is a good deal for someone wanting an instant collection of quality reference/coffee-table books.
For anyone interested I checked the retail prices at Amazon -- they offer all but two of the books (one is out of print, the other an import).

Retail for those they sell is $133.79. I reckon the other two retail for let's say 30 bucks. That means retail is around $163. Amazon discounts 30%. I am selling the collection for 60% off retail, plus paying the postage (which will work out to another 10% or so). Do the math if interested, elsewise I am donating to the local library, either way fine.
Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.