Hi All - The front hood rubber/foam seal has seen better days and I'm looking to replace it....I searched all the usual places and I don't see anything for a 356 replica hood, only original 356's and I don't think those are long enough.  This is a Fiberfab kit if that helps.

Appreciate any help, thanks.

Original Post

You just need to shop more in Lowes or Home Depot.  Best to used closed cell (so it doesn't act like a sponge) foam weather stripping. Build manual says 1/4" x 3/4".

After "countless hours of extensive testing, modeling and fitment" ... I've found that the McMaster Carr  D molding works best for the bonnet and doors as the hollow D shape fills a larger gap but does compress quite a bit in narrow spacing

Alan Merklin posted:

After "countless hours of extensive testing, modeling and fitment" ... I've found that the McMaster Carr  D molding works best for the bonnet and doors as the hollow D shape fills a larger gap but does compress quite a bit in narrow spacing

And don't you also use the same to seal the windshield header to the windshield frame?

Add Reply

Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.