Skip to main content

Hi all!  New to SOC and not experienced in posting .. I just joined late last year after realizing my dream of owning a speedster. I have owned and restored many vintage VWs over the years but the speedster has eluded me until now.  The story is long...and for another day. I have enjoyed scrolling through recent posts and picking up tips. Haven't found the opportunity to add anything yet.

I truly enjoy driving my Vintage Speedster and the madness, as you call it, has set in. No plans on letting the speedster go anytime soon but I now have the itch to get my hands a little dirtier.  I would love to build a 356 coupe on a shortened VW pan. I see Seduction Motorsports is advertising a kit but very little information or photos. Can anyone share any insights on this kit or point me to any prior posts? Any other companies selling coupe bodies for the do-it-yourself person?  

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I'm not a merchant, but you can check out my coupe build thread here:

https://www.speedsterowners.co...3#576929964414157493

I built my Speedster last year (over the course of two years) and just started a coupe build at the end of last year. I use various merchants for parts (I like to spread the wealth around), but mainly use Vintage Motorcars (Greg) in Stanton, CA. Seduction can certainly help - their attention to details when building is amazing!

Longfella, Wolfgang, 

I appreciate the feedback from you both. Had great coversation with Greg yesterday at Vintage Motorsports.  Hope to have a coupe headed my way shortly so I can start building thread.  

Plan of building myself like Longfella.  Amazed at how long your speedster thread is.  I'm still reading.  Hope to get as much feedback, input and ideas from the group as you have.

AllnuttS posted:

Longfella, Wolfgang, 

I appreciate the feedback from you both. Had great coversation with Greg yesterday at Vintage Motorsports.  Hope to have a coupe headed my way shortly so I can start building thread.  

Plan of building myself like Longfella.  Amazed at how long your speedster thread is.  I'm still reading.  Hope to get as much feedback, input and ideas from the group as you have.

Glad it worked out!

Add Reply

Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.