Skip to main content

Classified postings do not allow for discussion (replies are not allowed).  Direct message the member if you would like to discuss the item.
The Classified section is open to any individual (non-commercial firms) posting of items for sale. Members posting commercial advertisements must be enrolled in a Supporting Merchant program. 
Postings without relevant details (PRICE, location, condition, etc.) will be deleted.

I have what I believe is an original Porsche luggage rack that Henry installed on my car for the original owner. I have removed it and am going to offer it for sale. You can see it on these pictures of the car:

Any idea what it is worth? The original owner apparently paid $1500.00 for it, but I am not expecting to get anywhere near that for it. It is in excellent condition.
Thanks,
Ron

(Message Edited 7/22/2003 12:29:33 PM)
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I have what I believe is an original Porsche luggage rack that Henry installed on my car for the original owner. I have removed it and am going to offer it for sale. You can see it on these pictures of the car:

Any idea what it is worth? The original owner apparently paid $1500.00 for it, but I am not expecting to get anywhere near that for it. It is in excellent condition.
Thanks,
Ron

(Message Edited 7/22/2003 12:29:33 PM)
Ron,
I had a luggage rack that appeared to be like yours on
my 356sc whEN i bought it. It was made by Ruetterer
and had the origional leather straps. was in excelent
condition.I replaced it with a Leitz rack which is a
little smaller an has better mounting positions for
luggage.
Sold the Ruetterer rack in March on e-bay for $628.00
JIM
It is a Leitz Rack. Reuter racks were painted a hammer tone silver or occassionally car color. It is missing the white rubber bumper strips that mount in the horizontal openings above the vertical bars. I paid $150 for an original in 1977 but there are "new" replicas being sold for $600+. Ebay always has one or two for sale, some in poor condition, some in nice condition. I have one on my car and like it. Give it or trade it to Henry.
John,
As I was playing golf this morning I somehow started thinking about your rack. That cost me a couple of strokes. Take the rack off the car and set the rack aside for a month or so. Reinstall the rack and take another look at it. It might grow on you. Or install it when you take overnighters. My rack gets used on all the trips that my wife goes on. No, she rides in the car, my stuff rides on the rack.
Itotally agree with Dale. Personally I hate the way the rack looks
on my 356,my wife says it looks like the Flying Nun, but we use the
car often and without much storage space it comes it quite usefull
But 4 bolts and 3minutes and it hanging on the garage wall.I'd keep
it and trust me you'll use it.
Jim
Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.