Skip to main content

Classified postings do not allow for discussion (replies are not allowed).  Direct message the member if you would like to discuss the item.
The Classified section is open to any individual (non-commercial firms) posting of items for sale. Members posting commercial advertisements must be enrolled in a Supporting Merchant program. 
Postings without relevant details (PRICE, location, condition, etc.) will be deleted.

Replies sorted oldest to newest

It doesn't look like the chassis has been painted. Maybe it's just me, but I don't need it to be THAT authentic.
If they wanted to keep it looking like the original car and were that particular about it, maybe they could have at least given it a little a little Parkerization, like my old Colt pistol?
Just enough of something to keep the weather off the steel?

I wouldn't want that car, unless I was planning to dismount everything and treat it somehow -- but it sure is cool to look at.
C'mon, people! This car is (or these cars are) pukka! Mid-engine, tube frame and looks like nothing else on the road. The smooth curves of the body contrast brilliantly with the sharp angles of the windscreen. The deco touches on the ends and the deck give it that futuristic flare from the '30s. The thing looks a lot like the museum car. It looks like something Superman would have driven--had he needed a car.

Thing is hardly entry level.

$35k for a one-off, or a two-off!

And you guys are like, "meh."

If the price wasn't just exactly 10x my budget for a car, I'd be all over it like Clinton on an intern. Like Clintern, I tells ya!

I guess that's a design that would have to grow on you. I like the mid-engine set up and when you think about it, 35k for this type of a one off isn't outta line. Sorta wonder why one is 50k and the other 35k. The windscreen base mounts on either side look a LOT like my side curtain hardware. Had I the play money, I wouldn't mind having it.

~WB
Both those cars were made by Mark Gomez of VintageReplicar.

http://www.vintagereplicar.com/VintageReplicar/Home.html

He is located in Vista, about 40 miles north of San Diego. I've seen his cars and had extended conversations with Mark at several local car shows. As I understand it, Mark had a lot of the original engineering done by Thunder Ranch and then they had an - ah - er - parting of the ways? I don't think Thunder Ranch is involved in it any more, but it's been awhile and I could be wrong.
Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.