Skip to main content

Classified postings do not allow for discussion (replies are not allowed).  Direct message the member if you would like to discuss the item.
The Classified section is open to any individual (non-commercial firms) posting of items for sale. Members posting commercial advertisements must be enrolled in a Supporting Merchant program. 
Postings without relevant details (PRICE, location, condition, etc.) will be deleted.

Replies sorted oldest to newest

PBH posted:
No, the car I saw this morning was located in N. Calif by Yreka and was only listed for $32K!! I texted Owner if price was correct and he texted back yes, needed quick sale. The phone number listed was(209) 222-6828.

Patrick Hemingway

I found the ad and it has already been identified as a scam and deleted by The Samba. The seller joined The Samba at 0117 hours and posted the ad shortly afterwards. One of the more telltale signs of a scammer. No prior interest in the site and their first post is an ad. He also had it posted multiple times on The Samba and it was listed as a different year.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/cl...etail.php?id=2188998

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/cl...etail.php?id=2188975

Last edited by Robert M
PBH posted:
Thanks. Interesting he responded to text and confirmed price. Maybe he hoped to get someone to send deposit.

Patrick Hemingway

The number he gave comes back to a VOIP line which can be obtained by fraudulent means pretty easily which makes it hard to trace.l; especially if he is in another country.  The scammer will suggest an an escrow account for a deposit to hold the car etc and you’d never see the money again. If the scammer gets multiple offers he makes more money. Standard crook behavior is to get as many people as he can. One thing you can do is ask for specific photos of a specific part on the car which he won’t be able to provide. Ask where the car is located and ask for the photo to contain the daily edition of that city’s paper to be included in the photo. Last but not least, if it’s too good to be true, it is. 

Last edited by Robert M

Add Reply

Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.