Skip to main content

Classified postings do not allow for discussion (replies are not allowed).  Direct message the member if you would like to discuss the item.
The Classified section is open to any individual (non-commercial firms) posting of items for sale. Members posting commercial advertisements must be enrolled in a Supporting Merchant program. 
Postings without relevant details (PRICE, location, condition, etc.) will be deleted.

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Are you, by any chance, coming up (north) to the West Coast Cruise in San Luis Obispo (June 11-13)? We're hoping to put together another Raffle to go along with Saturday night's dinner and I'm thinking this would sure fit in well. It's just a thought! If you aren't/can't make it, perhaps MusbJim (Newport Beach) could schlep it to the Cruise. Just another thought.

I'm done for the day. Two thoughts in one day means it's time for a nap!

I really don't understand why having a Raffle is dependent upon using the breakfast room.    Please "splain it 2 me, Lucy."  I just spoke with the hotel Mgr. in SLO and asked her if our group could gather outside the "breakfast room" to socialize, drink, eat, have our reunion party and hold a Raffle. She answered with a resounding "Go for it and do what you want without restrictions." We only need to grab enough tables and call "dibs!" I've got a big roll of 250 "50/50 Double Stub Raffle Tickets" + some prizes, so if everyone attending also brings along some "goodies".... we can make it happen!   What say the knuckleheads?

Last edited by Napa Paul
@DannyP posted:

Have the raffle outside in the parking lot before sundown(so you can see) and before y'all go to dinner.

@Napa Paul posted:

I really don't understand why having a Raffle is dependent upon using the breakfast room.    Please "splain it 2 me, Lucy."  I just spoke with the hotel Mgr. in SLO and asked her if our group could gather outside the "breakfast room" to socialize, drink, eat, have our reunion party and hold a Raffle. She answered with a resounding "Go for it and do what you want without restrictions." We only need to grab enough tables and call "dibs!" I've got a big roll of 250 "50/50 Double Stub Raffle Tickets" + some prizes, so if everyone attending also brings along some "goodies".... we can make it happen!   What say the knuckleheads?

I was basing it off the fact that in 2019 when we were there last our normal "conversations" got us the "quiet down" warnings constantly from the staff. I figured my loud raffle number calling that will likely be heard for at least 100 yards would get us kicked out. So if @Napa Paul is heading up the raffle that's fine by me.

@DannyP posted:

Sometimes the hotel staff would ask us to keep it down at the Eastern gathering, but that was usually REALLY late at night.

That's why I suggested an early raffle.

I'm neither concerned nor worried about anyone chastising us because of noise if, as you suggested we have our festivities as a "pre-dinner cocktail...or 2." Say, for example, from 5pm to 8pm. The Hotel mentioned they expected plenty of          other people with celebratory events that weekend, like Graduation and Wedding parties. That's what prompted her to say we'll need to make sure we stake our claim to the patio tables before some other group gets the same idea.

Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.