Please do not use the Classified section for discussion.   Replies not relevant to the specific item for sale, will be deleted.
The Classified section is open to any individual (non-commercial firms) posting of items for sale or wanted. Members posting commercial advertisements must be enrolled in a Supporting Merchant program.  

C56327A8-4655-479C-B870-07DC4F7CDF432E17DE0E-26F3-465D-9513-E5E327C8C3574 steel rims, 15 X 5.5”, with only about 100 miles.  Took them off to put Vintage 190 alloys on.  Silver powder coat, no scratches.  CIP1 has them on sale now for $280 for a set of 4.  I will sell for 1/2 price, $140 plus shipping. Frank 402-393-5252, fpcopo@cox.net.  Thanks 

2013 VS azure blue 2110cc

Attachments

Images (2)
Original Post

I was looking at making two of them 5" wide instead of 5.5". If I were to do this, making a 5.5 to 5 would be the way to go. I looked into a place that made blank rims, but the id on the 15" wheel they make is 12.4" and my centers come out to a little over 13". Damn. I'll have to make a call to a buddy machinist.

@Fpcopo VS would you just sell two of them??

Moving wheel centers is fairly easy for a machine shop. The weld bead lengths on the rim are measured, chuck the rim in the lathe place, lathe cuts the welds from the center to rim away, the center is moved into the new position , checked for run out with a dial indicator, tack welded and rechecked again for run out then the weld beads are done to the original lengths.  I tried to do an old rim for the hell of it at my friend Rand's machine shop, it's an acquired skill and I was cursing left and right as Randy laughed   :~)

Last edited by Alan Merklin

FpcopoVS That is very kind of you.  Here is the nearest one: 4651 Mission Gorge Pl, San Diego, CA 92120  Would be shipping to 6555 El Cajon Blvd ...San Diego 92115   

Thank you,

Mike

Fpcopo VS 

I guess I should ask... Is the offset correct on these wheels to fit a JPS.  The rear trailing arms have been chopped 1.5 inches.  Also.....I am thinking about building a engine w 82 Stroke and 92 bore.  How do you like your 2110?  You can PM me if you like so I dont hijack this thread.

Add Reply

Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.