Skip to main content

Hey guys. I'm soon to be ordering a baseball brown interior with a German Weave carpet kit for a Speedster. I did get the material samples from VMC, and I have narrowed it down to two options. Tan or oatmeal, and I'm torn between the two.  I'm finding a ton of the oatmeal #500, pictured in various cars. But, was hoping to see a few with the tan kit installed. I'm planning on a stone grey, or geyser grey paint. Thanks again, for the help...

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

@James posted:

I used Symphony Vintage faux leather in English Toffee.  I ordered the material from www.yourautotrim.com

It’s stunning, really perfect. I’m still confident in every decision I made when I spec’d the car. It’s just that it’s been so long since I did that, Feb ‘20, that it’s hard not to look at others choices and think “what could have been”. I know I’ll fall in love with mine (all over again) when she’s delivered. But for the last 10 mins I’ve been staring at the swatch comparison and wondering...1CDC3C84-CCF0-4A60-AA0A-C5BDA8CAA93A

Attachments

Images (1)
  • 1CDC3C84-CCF0-4A60-AA0A-C5BDA8CAA93A
@IaM-Ray posted:

That’s really funny even after you’re finish you’ll have second thoughts you’ll have to build a second or maybe a third car

I’ve thought about this, only half kidding. With the 30+ month build queue and recent prices on BaT, I’ve seriously considered putting down the deposit for #2 now. Theory being I can drive #1 for a few years, keep a strong “woulda, coulda, shoulda” list and then sell it right about the time “perfect” #2 is ready. From a pure investment perspective, my “total ownership cost” with +2/-1 is almost certainly less than just +1 over 5 years.

Sam, great idea, but you may be thinking too small.

Why not order a new one every 30 days?

Eventually, new cars will be arriving at your door about that often. But, market conditions being what they are for these cars, they’ll be worth more than what you paid for them when they do. You could tack on a further premium because you’d be the only guy in town with ‘almost’ new cars in stock.

You could run the whole business online, and keep photos of all the cars you’d already sold on your website. Who would know they’re not around any more? You could tell folks asking about those cars that you could ‘build’ them an identical one if they were willing to wait ‘a little’. Or, they could have a slightly different one right now.

A business like this would go great in someplace like Socal. Of course, you’d have to move there to call your business, oh I don’t know, ‘Disneyland Motors’ or ‘Hollywood Motors’ or something similar with a famous place name.

But, come to think of it, since everything would exist online only, you actually could stay right where you are and just call the business ‘Hollywood’ or ‘Disneyland’ or whatever you wanted.

I wonder why no one ever thought of this before.

Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.