Skip to main content

Classified postings do not allow for discussion (replies are not allowed).  Direct message the member if you would like to discuss the item.
The Classified section is open to any individual (non-commercial firms) posting of items for sale. Members posting commercial advertisements must be enrolled in a Supporting Merchant program. 
Postings without relevant details (PRICE, location, condition, etc.) will be deleted.

Replies sorted oldest to newest

My business is transporting these insurance salvage cars from COPART and IAA Auctions. This particular 550 is a Hurricaine Sandy submarine victim, it's in their COPART South New Jersey facility.

Difficult to buy thru COPART unless you know a registered Buyer.....or there are a few third party Buyers that do this service but charge a whopping percentage for their services.

For an hour or so yesterday I was thinking about bidding on this car, but now that I have sobered up I'm going to pass.  I did do a little research and verified from a reliable source that it is a Beck.  It also appears to have a Calif. SB100 title, which might help to get it registered in Calif, in spite of the NJ salvage title.  I would be cautious about being able to register it in other states.

I called COPART and there are additional pictures that only a member can see.  She was kind enough to tell me that it does have an engine and it appears to be intact.

There isn't a lot to that car, so I think you would just wash it down inside and out, replace the carpet, recover the seats and replace the gauges.  Dry out the engine and fire her up.  I'm sure there would be more to it than that, but not that much more.

I think this one might be right up your alley Alan.  Especially if you can get it for just a few thousand more than the current bid.

okay  here is my thoughts on this........first in addition to the actual purchase price there are addl Copart fees that are about $450.00 add to that ground transport costs to get it to you. All  electrical is junk due to salt, motor, trans, brakes, bearings all will be corroded for sure. Needs a complete interior, fuel lines     tank etc. Surely salt water got into the tube frame too......even  with my extensive build history it is one to pass on aka parts only or you will be into this big time .
Originally Posted by WOLFGANG - '13 CMC FWB, FL:

That one was a NJ Sandy flood damage car.  The gauges were half full of salt water.  Saltwater damage would require total disassembly and some kind of corrosion treatment - very difficult. 

Hi,

If it was flood damage car then its a bit risky to use. Also it would be costly to repair it.

Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.