Skip to main content

@El Frazoo posted:

Now that I'm a member of the in crowd, has anybody used the road side assistance with Hagerty?  Can I let my AAA membership go?  Any other actually useful bennies from Hagerty??

During the break-in period on my build, I used the Hagerty towing benefit twice. No problem at all. I think they've got a distance limit on towing. I dropped AAA.

Theother main benefit is the Hagerty magazine. Great writing and stories!

@El Frazoo posted:

Now that I'm a member of the in crowd, has anybody used the road side assistance with Hagerty?  Can I let my AAA membership go?  Any other actually useful bennies from Hagerty??

I used it once in March 2016 when my car got destroyed. The flatbed driver was not amused that it got towed to my house and put in my garage, instead of their facility nearby the accident site.

Apparently, he was a dune buggy guy and wanted a) the storage fees and b) my awesome engine. He got neither. I'm sure it was cheaper for Hagerty to pay the longer tow and zero storage fees.

The Hagerty road side experience was flawless, and I paid zero. There was no selection of tow providers due to the NY practice of a rotating tow company assignment list on interstate roads.

The insurance adjuster came to my house a few days later and did an inspection. A couple days after I got a phone call from Hagerty, and after taking the very reasonable buyback fee off the top, a very nice total loss check. Then I placed my order. A year and two months after the incident, I was whole with a new and better car. Finished and on the road for Carlisle 2017.

Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.