Skip to main content

I saw a 550 Spyder with Texas vintage liscense plates dated 1959. It was Silver with a hard tonneu on passenger side. It had the number 98 on both doors with many race decals and a driver only wind screen. This was in Sugarland Texas (SW of Houston) at a fitness center on Hwy 90a near Dairy Ashford today (7-6-2003). Does it belong to anyone here? If so I would like a closer look at it.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I saw a 550 Spyder with Texas vintage liscense plates dated 1959. It was Silver with a hard tonneu on passenger side. It had the number 98 on both doors with many race decals and a driver only wind screen. This was in Sugarland Texas (SW of Houston) at a fitness center on Hwy 90a near Dairy Ashford today (7-6-2003). Does it belong to anyone here? If so I would like a closer look at it.
In Texas, my home state, you never know - it might be real. I rememeber in Dallas Elmore K. used to drive his Ferrari Mondial to work or the grocery store, etc., and I think Roy C. used to drive his Frua bodied Maserati A6GCS roadster around Midland.

I drove my C type Jaguar (ex-factory roadracer) on the street in 1956 a few times before my dad made me sell it.
Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.