Skip to main content

Hi guys, I’m new here but I’ve been in love with the 550 Spyder all my life (ever since I drove those go-karts in Disney World!)

Now that I have the funds to buy one (albeit a replica) for me it just has to be as close to the original as possible, which means those large rear Cobra wheel arches are a big No No.

I’ve been searching everywhere and can’t seem to find one in the original proportions, which includes Alloy Car's 550!

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers,

Ray

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Ask @arajani because he knows just about everything that has to do with the Porsche 550A. Or ask @chines1 or Greg at @VSpyder as they are both builders, but I don't think you will find an off the shelf reproduction that doesn't have the wheel arches you are talking about. You would have to modify the body to get the wheel arches exactly right. And that is going to add up to $$$ for the modification. Not saying it can not be done but for a price anything is possible.

@Sugeray!

I had the same issue. You should consider buying a car from Carey Hines @chines1. He has a new engine lid  that has a better shape or you can get a lid from Rusty Tubs and have it sent to Carey and have him build you the right car.

Check out my build on this thread for more info. My car is different from the other replicas, but the engine lid was sourced from Rusty Tubs also (and then further modified by Carey).

https://www.speedsterowners.co...g-550-fenders?page=1

Anand

Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.